| 20 |

Surprisingly, we didn't get out of the office to eat lunch outside. Ethan had called a food delivery because he needs to finish an article before the deadline—which is tomorrow. He ordered some pizzas since I'm not feeling hungry for burgers. With a defeated sigh, he'd called a local pizza place and ordered us some cheesy pizza. Both of us would rather not have any extra toppings in our pizza, a cheesy pizza would be enough for us. Thirty minutes later, the pizza had arrived, and we'd already devoured half of the pizza. Majority of the pizza went to my stomach while Ethan kept working on the article.

"You know, your deadline is tomorrow..." I pause for a moment to swallow the pizza I've been chewing. Watching his bored expression as he stared at his laptop screen, a sigh came out of me. "At least take a five-minute break to finish your pizza." I gesture at the already bitten pizza cast aside on the other side of the pizza box. That lone pizza has only been his second one, while I'm here, already halfway around the circle of pizza. Well, we've only ordered a 10-sliced pizza. With the power of math, therefore concluded I've only eaten three slices. Which ain't much, but I can already feel my stomach getting tired.

Going back to the main subject—which is the stress-filled Ethan in front of me, I nudge an elbow at him. When he turns his head to face me, the stress in his eyes is evident. I only flash him a frown, and he immediately lets out a sigh. "Okay, fine... I'll take a break and finish—" He gazes down at the pizza boxes, the stress in his eyes turning into bewilderment. "—you've already eaten three slices?" He glances back at me with utter shock in his expression.

Seeing his shock had cued me to smile and snicker. "It's not my fault you're a slow eater," I glance down at the pizza, and I'm contemplating whether to eat another slice. When a mental gag comes into mind, I think it's best to stop eating and take a rest. "Besides, I don't think I can eat some anymore." Picking up the cup of water I've got from the water dispenser earlier and dragging it into my mouth to gulp down the water. Once I finished drinking my water, I placed the cup down and met a worried Ethan. "What?"

"Perhaps ordering a large pizza with 10 slices is a tad bit too much." He picks his already-bitten pizza and takes another small bite to it. Ethan puffs his cheeks while chewing his pizza. Not going to lie, he looks five years younger, and I suppress the urge to make fun of him. If it weren't his worried expression, I would have, but I controlled myself.

"Why did you even try to order a large pizza with 10 slices in the first place?" I've tried to ask him to get only a medium pizza, but he'd gone ahead and ordered a large one. And now he's sulking, worried that we won't be able to finish the whole pizza. I don't have the energy and mental power to walk around the city to give the remaining pizza to someone in need. It's not like I don't want to, it's just I'm terrible at directions and I fear I might get lost in the city. Perhaps if Ethan comes with me, then we'll be able to do it, but sadly, Ethan is quite busy chasing the deadline.

Ethan slumps down on his chair while both of his hands hold the pizza. "I was hoping that others will see the pizza and ask for a slice, and I'll happily gesture to them to get some." He takes another bite of his pizza, his sadness covering the entirety of his cerulean blue eyes. "Guess no one is craving for some pizza in the office."

I glance around to see if anyone is walking around. Immediately, I found the errors in Ethan's kindness. Most of the people in the office head out for lunch and there isn't much walking around the office floor. I turn my head back at him, a sliver of disappointment etched in my expression. "Your kindness doesn't deserve this desolate, isolated office floor." I recognize the redundancy, but it's only to add more drama to it.

He scoffs at me before finishing the last bite of his pizza. I was about to say something witty, but he had beaten me before I could even say something. "You still won't talk about the discussion between you and Favian earlier?"