| 45 |

It's the day. The goddamn day. The day of Declan's work became a stage play for multiple people to see. I don't know whether to feel excited or nervous. Perhaps I can feel both while I watch numerous people get inside the theater as I'm standing here, flashing each one a bright smile. Across from me is Lisbeth who's flashing the same bright smile to the people entering the theater. With a quick glance at her, she caught my gaze and gave me a bright smile of her own. I can see in her eyes that she's excited to show to numerous people the stage play we've been working on for weeks. Weeks, plural. The week-off Favian had given me wasn't enough.

There were a decent number of reasons why it took way too long for the creation stage play to finish. The main reason was because of me. I kept on insisting to everyone that I can work alone in my cold, lonely apartment. And as a result, it took me far too long to finish the script. During my time of writing, my mind carries on being a nuisance. Nuisance in a way that it kept wanting me to procrastinate as well as reminding me about Gail. The woman who doesn't seem to be coming back to my life. I've been waiting and hoping that she'll come back, that she'll fight for us. Sadly, she didn't show up, even now, when the stage play is already about to be presented to countless people. She isn't here.

That's why I was having a hard time properly finishing the script. Gail kept on flashing in my head. The false hope that she'll come back and make my entire apartment warm from our love for each other. It made me distract myself from the task at hand. And the fact that I'm writing a quite tragic story, that doesn't help me from getting rid of Gail out of my mind.

Even now, apparently, my mind is still hoping that of all these people entering the theater, one of them might be Gail. She did tell me that she'll watch the end product of the stage play. But I knew better, that she wasn't coming. Maybe she's off on her honeymoon with her husband. Just the thought of Russell making love to Gail just made me want to puke. Unfortunately, that isn't an ideal thing to do while greeting people as they enter the theater. The last thing I want is to sabotage this premier night. This isn't just my dream, it's both Lisbeth's and Declan's dream come true. It's just sad that Gail isn't here to witness our dream coming true.

My smile disappeared as the last wave of people entered the room behind me. That was all of them. And neither of them was Gail. I did promise myself that I'll move on after all these waves of people are done entering the theater. That small hope that at least one of them was Gail had faded instantly. I guess this is goodbye, and I really hope she's happy wherever she is. My chest aches from the pain of not seeing her again as my hand digs deep in my pocket, clutching the letter Gail had given me.

A pained chuckle came out of my throat as I got hit with the realization. This letter is the only thing I have that has a connection to her. Not only this letter I'm clutching, but also the letter she'd sent me that one time. She seems to be just a mere letter to me now. A letter that I'll forever cherish in my entire life.

When I felt a gentle hand resting on my back, a sob automatically came out of me. I turned my head to see Lisbeth giving me a warm smile. "Hey... It'll be alright. Even though Gail isn't here with us, I still think she's out there feeling proud of what you've accomplished." She rubs my hand gently as I continue on, releasing the sob that had been building in my throat. "It's okay, Vy. Let it all out, I sense that you've been suppressing all your pain."

Lisbeth kept on rubbing my back as I continued on sobbing all my sorrow out of me. Tears started to build up and fall from my eyes, and I had to watch as some tears hit the ground. It sucks that we didn't even have a proper goodbye to each other. As I remain on my feet, letting the sorrow takeover my entire body, I see a handkerchief entering my peripheral vision. I glance up to see Lisbeth handing me a handkerchief while still flashing me a smile. I tried my best to smile back at her before accepting the handkerchief from her hand. With the handkerchief in my hand, I gently wipe it against my tear-stained cheeks, as well as catching some tears that are about to fall from my eyes.