| 36 |

Throughout the evening, I've finally found my way to speak with Declan about the project we're making. Most of our opinions about certain parts went smoothly and there was no conflict at all. Right after the preparation stage of the project, we agreed to begin talking about the roles tomorrow. Time is of the essence, I know, but Declan doesn't seem to want to speed up the process. I don't know what's his reason for taking his time with this project. Though, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the sadness flashing in his eyes. It's interesting how every time we discuss his novel during the preparation stage, the same sadness doesn't shine in his eyes. Rather, I can hear it behind his normal voice. I did a mental shrug, since I still have a lot of time to figure out Delcan's sadness. For the meantime, it's time to mingle around.

Speaking of mingling around, I spotted Lisbeth and Gail on the far side of the room. I couldn't see Lisbeth's expression since she had her back turned towards me, but Gail's expression can already tell me everything I need to know. Since, judging by Gail's nervous expression, I can tell Lisbeth has been bombarding Gail with questions. I don't blame her, Lisbeth had already been like that since I met her. It was hard to keep up with the questions, especially since they're in an overwhelming amount.

Once I reach the two of them, Gail flashes me an SOS look. Which also prompted Lisbeth to turn around to face me. She even had the nerve to smile like an innocent child at me. "So, how did it go with Declan? Any conflict between opinions, or are we good to go to the next phase?" I don't know whether the excitement in her tone is from talking about the project or from Gail. Either or, I have a feeling I'll get the answer soon enough.

"Everything went smoothly. We can proceed to the next phase: which is the roles." I snuck a glance at Gail to see her reaction. It seems she's also excited to move on to the next phase. I wonder if she's interested in acting on the front stage. Might need to ease her slowly to that thought of mine, don't want to provoke her with such a grand idea. "But Declan told me we can do the next phase tomorrow. I don't know, he just doesn't want to speed up the process."

Right after I said that last part, Lisbeth pursed her lips together and nodded her head slowly. "I see. Well, there's no harm in taking it slow-" She gently nudges her elbow towards Gail and winked at her, "-Right, Gail?" I instinctively face Gail with curiosity lighting up my eyes. Gail must have noticed it, since both her cheeks flamed once again. Man, if I had a penny for every time I made Gail flushed her cheeks, I would have a stack of pennies that is equivalent to a dollar.

"What?" Gail glances nervously towards Lisbeth while a shaky smile slowly forms on her beautiful face. After a while-thanks to Lisbeth's guiding eyes-Gail finally understood the question. "Oh right, yeah. There's no harm in taking it slow." Her cheeks might as well act like a grill at this point. Part of me wants to place a hand on her cheek to see how warm it feels. I would have done it, but as these two women had said, no harm in taking it slow. "Anyway, does that mean we'll get to go back to the theater tomorrow?"

I nod my head once before staring down at Gail's pupils. "Yeah... Don't you like being here?" Once the words came out of me, I suddenly had this urge to punch myself in the face. Not only because of the dumb question, but also for putting Gail on the spot like that. Especially in front of Lisbeth. I really want to punch myself in the face, twice. At this point, I just have to hope Gail's composure is good enough to step out of the spotlight like that. I also need to find a way to make it up to her for doing that to her. Maybe I get to clean the dirty dishes later because of this. Well, if we're still going to have dinner back at my apartment that is.

Gail's head tilts to the side, eyeing me curiously. Perhaps she's trying to find something in me, like if I'm serious about asking that dumb question. But before she could speak up, Lisbeth turned to face Gail with a saddened expression. "Did I overwhelm you with too many questions? I'm sorry if I did, just please keep on visiting the theater. Not only do you make me happy to be here, but you're also making Vydor happy." She sneaks a glance at me and flashes me a small smile before making eye contact with Gail again. "I have no idea how happy Vydor is when you're here. But I think you know how happy he is."