| 22 |

How many days was it when I told myself to move on? I can't remember, but maybe somewhere around four days now. Which means my vacation days have ended, unfortunately I still haven't moved on. Every time I drive home, I still have this hope I'll receive some letter proving to me that my assumption was wrong. And every time my hope gets crushed whenever Ms. Jess told me no new letter is addressed to me. Moving isn't a singular step, and it's a long process; however, every time that spark of hope builds inside of me whenever I'm getting close to the apartment building, it feels like I'm back to square one and have to do the entire process again. It sucks. Sucks to know that it's a long process and there aren't any shortcuts towards the end.

I wish I could close my eyes for a moment to refresh my mind. The problem is, I'm driving to work, and closing one's eyes while driving can be a fatal mistake. I haven't had any experience of it happening, but I'm not planning on making the mistake now to see what happens. Can't listen to the intrusive thoughts on a bright, sunny day. Well, that's a lie, it ain't a bright sunny day. Above the road I'm driving, I can see a bunch of clouds surrounding the entirety of the gray sky. Whatever maneuvers I do to my head, there isn't any way to see where the actual sun is. Also, another issue that I should not be doing. Turning my head around instead of focusing on the road. I should probably stop looking for the sun.

It's not like I'm in a sci-fi story where the sun mysteriously has disappeared, and the human world is in anarchy and slowly getting extinct because of the lack of sun. I bet Ethan can name a book title when I discuss that plot point.

After a while, I've finally reached the parking lot beside the building Favian owns. Hmm, how long have I been working here that I've forgotten the actual name of the company? Most of the time I just call is Favian's building, instead of the actual company name. I'm surprised I've gotten this far without remembering the company's name. And I'll leave it at that, there ain't no consequences chasing me yet.

I get out of my car and find myself staring directly at the dark gray sky. The clouds are really covering the entire blank gray canvas known as the sky. Every once in a while whenever there's a soft breeze coming in, the lighter clouds parted ways with the denser ones, and let a small amount of sun rays come between them. I wonder if there's a chance for the day to end up having a rain pour. A bit unlikely since the majority of the clouds don't look dense and filled with water inside of them. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't checked the daily weather report, so I have no idea if I'm right.

Enough pondering and pretending I'm some sort of meteorologist. I'm a journalist, writing articles. That has nothing to do with the weather whatsoever. I strut my way inside the building after making sure my car is locked and secure—also checking if I haven't forgotten anything. One step inside the building, I immediately went straight to the reception desk to have a little chat with Mel. Just a quick chat, about her day... Perhaps some juicy details about her date. Ethan hadn't told me anything yet, so might as well heat the details from a trustworthy source, which is Mel and not my best friend. The nagging feeling of him hiding some details when I ask him is pounding my mind.

After reaching the reception desk and making eye contact with the person I'm supposed to talk to. "Morning, Mel!" I flash a jovial smile at her and watch her return the gesture.

"Morning, Vy!" She's smiling widely today. A good sign that something incredible had happened to her. Possible that it's from her date with Ethan? "Your vacation days are finally over."

A loud, guttural groan escapes my throat as I lean on the desk in front of me. "The torture is finally over, and I get to be in the office without feeling like an outsider." Quite lame of me spending my vacation days hanging out in the office, but I have nothing better to do. And now my vacation days are over, I can finally go back to complaining about how much work I have to do. Okay, that's a joke. I never complain about doing work, it surprises me that I'm finding it quite enjoyable. Especially with Ethan beside me, which made the experience more enjoyable.