| 30 |

After some brief introduction and some background about one another, our foods that we've ordered had finally arrived at our table. While the others are inside the table booth, Declan and I stood up to help the waitress with the dishes she's carrying. "Thank you," The waitress mutters as Declan and I distribute the dish to our friends. Once everything is on the table, the waitress flashes us yet another bright smile. "If you guys need anything, just holler and I'll be there." On that note, our waitress struts away from us and back to the side of the counter to speak with her fellow waitresses.

Before eating, I glanced around the table to see if everyone had the correct food. It'll be unfortunate if one of us had the wrong food while the others had already started eating theirs. Luckily, it appears to me that we all had the correct food in front of us. I quickly glance at the woman sitting beside me, "You alright?" For some reason, when she'd realized I glanced at her, that was the first thing that came out of my lips. Well, at least it's nothing weird. Still, I don't think my tone of voice had matched the preferred tone to ask that question.

"Are you complimenting me or straight out asking me?" She raises an eyebrow as she picks up the chopsticks lying beside her steamed bean buns. Yeah, that was the problem, my tone of voice didn't make my words clear to her. I lift my gaze away from her for a second and only learn that Declan is straight out staring at us. He must have heard our little voices and now watching-no scratch that-observing us. I can tell from the look of the person that they're observing something because I too observed things when I can. For Declan, his silence while his brown eyes speak volume is a clear indication that he is indeed observing the two of us.

I turn my head back quickly to look at Gail's blue eyes. Which was too quickly, since I'd totally forgotten about how mesmerizing her eyes were. And now I'm holding my breath while my entire soul falls deeply into the depths of her sparkling blue pupils. When she angles her head to the side, it was enough movement to pull myself back to reality. Holy shit, I should be more careful on staring right at her eyes. I gulp down the lump that had formed in my throat before finally muttering out the words I was supposed to say. "Sorry, I just want to know if you're doing alright. But if you want to take it as a compliment, then be my guest." I flash her a smug grin, and she giggles while shaking her head.

She raises a hand and points the chopsticks in my direction, "You damn know that I will take it as a compliment. And for your question, I'm feeling alright. Plus, I finally get to taste these steamed bean buns." She grabbed one of the buns with her chopsticks, blew air lightly to it before plucking it inside her mouth. Gail lets out a low moan as she closes her eyes to savor the buns. I pluck some macaroni and cheese with my fork and guide it straight to my mouth as my eyes fixate on the woman chewing her food. Once I noticed she'd swallowed her chewed food, my gaze went straight to her now open eyes. Her eyes shimmer with something I had never seen again when we were younger. It's like seeing a part of her from the past flash in her deep blue eyes.

I don't know who was controlling the music in this diner, but I sure he'll need to know how the hell they can time the music perfectly. Because as I watched the woman sitting beside me eat her food, the diner decided to play the song Stolen by Dashboard Confessional. Well, actually the volume is quite low, but the man sitting across from me had decided to sing the lyrics of the song. Gail and I decided to watch Declan as he softly sings the lyrics to himself. He must not have realized that he's singing, since he hadn't noticed us staring at him. Also, my initial assumption that his singing voice will sound wonderful was correct, and I want a cookie for being right.

Gail smiles at the singing Declan, I felt a surge of irrational jealousy. I remember the day when she was listening to me sing, unfortunately I wasn't much of a singer like Declan here. Still, I did my best to sing properly. Once Declan stopped singing to sip his soup, Gail turned her head to the married couple who are now eating the same slice of pizza. I don't know who's more cheesy, the pizza or these two. I still have my best that Favian and Stella are more cheesy among all the options. "Since you two own a Café, why don't you guys steal the recipe to one of the dishes in this diner?"