| 7 |

Apparently, I have no plans on what to do for the entire week of vacation. I intended to read the book Ethan had given me, which I assumed that the reading time will last at least 4 days, judging by how thick it was. But no, I apparently had read it in only 2 days. With 4 more days of vacation, I decided to make a visit to the office because I have no idea what else I should do apart from rot in my own home. A sane part of me was whispering to write some new play for the theater, but when I attempted to write something, my mind came out blank. So, I ended up just staring blankly at the screen of my laptop. I also want to mention that I've tried to watch something on the TV. I can't even remember how many movies and TV shows I've watched just to feed my ever-growing boredom and sanity. Part of me was hoping I shouldn't have accepted the week vacation from my boss. Why the hell did I accepted, since I don't even know what to do in those vacation days? This week of vacation should have been fun if Ethan was on vacation too. I bet he'll drag me everywhere he founds interesting to do while we're on vacation. Sadly, it's just me who's on vacation.

With a sigh, I put on some casual clothes and make myself out the door. I wonder what will be the expression on both Ethan and Favian's faces when they saw me in the office. Perhaps if I'm desperate enough, I could convince Favian to terminate my vacation week and make me work starting today. I can't believe I'm really wishing to be working again.

Once I've reached the first floor, I spotted Ms. Jess greeting and smiling at the people coming and going in the apartment complex. I also noticed that she's handing muffins to people around her. The sight and smell of fresh muffins made my stomach rumbles faintly, despite that I already ate. I was attempting to blend in with the crowd to sneak out the apartment without her knowing, but the thought of having a muffin is too tempting to waste. "Good afternoon, Vydor!" She waves at my direction, and I wave back at her.

I stroll my way to her and once I'm close enough, she handed me a muffin. Trying not to act like a wild animal by devouring the muffin the second she'd handed me one, I gave her a small smile and take a small bite of the muffin. "Is it bad that I want to ask for the recipe for these muffins?" For a moment, I thought I'm just joking but once my brain had dissected the idea of me having the recipe, I am now hoping she'll give me the recipe. The funny thing about that idea was, I don't even have any experience on baking. But these muffins make me want to do anything to learn how to bake them.

She only chuckles at my question, and I fought the urge to show her my frown. Here I was, hoping she'll just have me the recipe, like how a mother gives her baby a piece of candy. "Vy, if I give you the recipe for my muffins, I won't have any purpose on being here for my tenants other than getting their payment."

I glance down at the muffin she'd just handed me, and a small smile forms on my lips as I take another bite from it. Some landlords and landladies would only care for their tenants because they pay their rent, but Ms. Jess is different. I bet she uses the money from us to buy ingredients for baking these lovely muffins. The thought makes me imagine Ms. Jess as a mother, and us tenants are her adopted children. "You're right... Even if I had the recipe, it won't be the same from your own baked muffins. And besides, if I attempt on baking, I might cause a fire in the building."

She must have thought I'm joking, since another chuckle escapes her mouth. But what she doesn't know is I'm actually being honest about causing a fire in an effort of baking some muffins. "If you really want to know how to bake my signature muffins, I'll write down the ingredients and steps on baking these muffins." Oh no, she's really going to give me the power to burn my apartment building, but at the same time I'm thankful for it. I'm not a pyromaniac, I think...

"That'll be great, but I did warn you about me causing a fire in a poor attempt to bake the muffins." Maybe if I mentioned the problem enough, she might change her mind on giving me the recipe.