| 39 |

I woke up in my bed with my head staring straight at the ceiling above. Usually I wake up with no problems, but something is clearly wrong here. The bed somehow feels warmer than usual. It's not that I'm complaining about, I honestly like the warm feeling around the mattress. That's not the only thing I noticed. It appears to me that I've slept with no clothes on. Now that's a peculiar sight. I don't just sleep with no clothes on, even if I did, it's often when the weather is hot that even my AC couldn't compete with it. Hmm, a warm bed and me sleeping with no clothes. A lightning struck my mind that prompted me to turn towards my side. I blinked several times-even tried rubbing both my hands on my eyes-just to prove to myself that I'm dreaming and whatever I'm seeing was just an illusion. After countless attempts, it really seems to me that this sight isn't an illusion at all.

Lying beside me on the bed is Gail-a naked Gail under the heavy blanket. The sight of her naked under my sheets had connected something in my mind. It had connected the other two peculiarities that I noticed-me being naked during my sleep, as well as the bed feeling warm. Gail and I tried to see if there's still a spark between us by having sex in my bed. I don't know if I should feel disappointed, since I'm having a hard time recollecting what happened last night. All I could remember was that I've lost control and just kissed her way inside my apartment room with no thoughts of stopping. Perhaps that had led me to take her to bed.

I slowly edge my way out of the bed without waking her up. Judging by how comfortable she is in her sleeping position, it appears that she's still deep in her sleep. I made sure not to disturb her sleeping. Once I'm standing up beside the bed, I glanced back quickly at her to see if she was stirring because of the sudden change of the weight in the bed. When she seemed to be sleeping soundly, I hurried to grab some clean clothes and went straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower. In the midst of me hurrying to go to the shower, I didn't even forget to grab my phone from the nightstand beside my bed. With clean clothes and a phone in hand, I locked myself inside the bathroom. Instinctively, I rested my back on the door as a breath of relief came out of me. Relief that I hadn't woken Gail up, as well as she didn't see me running around my apartment naked.

When I finally regained my strength, I pushed myself away from the door and placed both my clean clothes and phone beside the sink. With a quick swipe around my phone, it doesn't look like I've missed something important. Most of my notifications are just apps that need to be updated. With the phone in my hand, I noticed that it's quite early, so I really had time to prepare myself before driving to work. But I'm already in the bathroom, might as well take a shower now and worry about eating food later. Since I have my phone with me in the bathroom, I could just play a song while taking a shower.

As I grab my phone, I open up the playlist that is perfect for this chapter of my life. The playlist that I've created all by myself that makes me think of Gail herself. I clicked the shuffle and made sure the first song that plays, I'll put it on repeat until I'm finished taking a shower. There's no used for me to listen through the entire playlist since I ain't planning on loitering around the bathroom. It's crucial to face Gail after what happened last night. The last thing I want her thinking is that I've regretted about what happened last night. I don't regret it, I just don't have any clear memory about last night. But I do remember that the entire night was sparkling, which is a clear indication that there's still that spark between us.

I love the fact that right after I clicked shuffle on my playlist, the very first song that plays is the song that made me smile. I step inside the shower while the opening of the song Baby Blue Eyes by A Rocket To The Moon plays in the background. The volume isn't loud enough that it can reach the bedroom, I think? Since the moment I turn on the shower, the sound of running water is louder than the music that is playing. Hopefully, Gail would still be sleeping the moment I'm done showering. If so, it'll be embarrassing for me that she'll be able to hear faint music from the bathroom.