XI. PAST'S HOLE

Chapter 11

TYPICALLY NOT minding other businesses, cars beeping, vehicle noises and people waiting for the signal from the traffic light to go on. Sometimes it turns red, then it will change into the color of green and blinks yellow.

Lacey sighs after glancing at her watch. It’s nearly eleven in the evening and she isn’t sleepy at all.

“Perks of working in evenings and dawns.” She thought and stood up.

She goes in the window of her room where she’s staying. Her new house, she guessed.

Looking down, calculating how high her room’s window to the land so she won’t use the main door. She doesn’t want anyone to know what she’s been doing this time. Oftentimes, when she lived here, she usually stays in her room, staring in her ceiling until the morning came. She seldom slept.

After deciding to just jump, she went to the only table in her room—beside her bed and left a note and took her wallet.

I need this, she thought.

She sprung from the land of small green grasses that seized amongst the warmth of her covered feet. The thuds of her stepping feet made a tune that the remaining tall grasses are gracefully swaying.

Long red hair with black tips flow with the breeze of evening wind, she wore her blue cap with her sleeping clothe that was underneath her dark blue blazer.

Wearing a pair of pajama and t-shirt, a cap and blazer is not bad after all, right?

She hopes one thing. And that is her house partners are sleeping—Tyron, Ryo, Red and Aoi.

Heaving a sigh, she slowly, gently and quietly opened the gate. She stopped upon the gate made noises. Tss! This gate might be her end game.

Lacey put her ass up and hurry her doings. Like a thief who steals, she doesn’t want to get caught.

Walking at the sidewalk, not minding the cars passing by her, she ran along with her long hair that was not clipped flow flawlessly at the wind in the night sky above her.

Such a nice view to hold.

Making it to the entrance of the subdivision, Lacey was greeted by the guard that is on duty. She smiled and greeted him too.

She said she will buy something outside so the guard emitted her permission.

She waited for a taxi to came but before the sight of taxi take over her gaze, she is sure about what she has sawn.

It was a very familiar girl who enter a car... a familiar car...

Red woke up early and an odd feeling penetrated his emotion. He shook his head before heading to the bathroom.

Wiping his wet hair, he went to his window and opened it. The yellow stardust of sunrise welcomed him as he closed his eyes. Upon opening it, his forehead creased as he sees another window of one of the rooms of their house unclose.

Whose room is that—ah! It’s Lacey. She perhaps open her window. Such a weirdo lady, he thought to his mind before closing his window and open his door. He will approach his home buddy—the kitchen.

A small smile crept on his lips as he reminisces Ryo, Aoi and even Tyron calling him mommy. It should be daddy, right? And whatever that is, who is the daddy, then?

His smile faded as the girl’s name, Lacey, popped at his head. His eyes twinkle so he shook his head over and over again. He even hit his head using the spatula he is holding.