XXIII. DEAD ROSE

Chapter 23

SINCE WE short in stocks, the five of us decided to shop. But where were we now? In a milk tea shop! Tss!

“You don’t want?” Aoi asked us again for the third time yet we shook our heads. “Final na? Tikman niyo lang naman. Libre ko!” she again insisted kaya I sigh heavily and nodded. The three boys doesn’t seems like milk tea so... I need to agree to Aoi so she will not bother them.

Oh well, I’m so generous, right?

“Yay! Halika kayo. Dahil sumama si Lacey, you three should go in too,” she then smiled sweetly bago ako hinila.

She excitedly walks towards the counter, pinaupo niya kami malapit sa counter kaya naririnig ko sila.

“Two okinawa milktea and pearls as a sinkers, please,” Aoi said to the cashier after the cashier asked what’s her order.

“What sugar level, ma’am?” the cashier asked.

“No sugar, please!” She then shook her fingers violently. The cashier then smiled before speaking again. “You are on a healthy diet, ma’am?” the lady cashier question one more again.

Something’s wrong with Aoi. Normally, she will ask for more sugar to her milk unlike mine or... she like to try what’s liquids are without sugar? I see.

“Nope! I died to due to diabetes kasi,” my mouth hanged open and look at Aoi with disbelief. The cashier suddenly got stunned and turn pale.

I don’t know if I shall laugh with the cashier’s reaction or help her out. Gosh, that’s creepy though. I can’t blame her if her reaction is like that.

“AAAAAHHH! MULTO! MULTO! MAY MULTO NA GUSTO PA NG MILKTEA?!” sigaw nito at mabilis na tumakbo papalabas kaya I look at her with a tight line in my lips but Aoi is still laughing. Even the other costomers! How embarrassing!

“I was just kid—” she did not finished her words when we heard screams coming from outside. Nagkatinginan kaming lima at sabay-sabay na napatayo.

We immediately went outside to se what’s happening yet napapalibutan na ng police barricades ang isang kapehan.

I see. A crime scene, aye?

We excused to few people who are gossiping para makapunta sa harapan pero hinarangan kami ng pulis, not until Red’s godfather came.

“Let them in. They are my acquaintance,” he ordered and we heard murmurs na hindi na namin pinansin. Pumasok na lang kami.

What’s so rare with this? In weeks of staying here, I knew Red’s godfather. He was the one who is assign here sa barrio nila. Friendship goals sila ng tatay nila ni Red.

“You’re here where a crime scene occurred again, my kids,” he then chuckled kaya napatawa kami. He’s right, we are perhaps a crime magnet.

“Tito, what’s the score here?” Ryo questioned. Tito Rolando is a sweet father, I guess. He let us call him tito dahil wala siyang anak.

Inspector Rolando, Red’s godfather, our tito replied to him. “About that, a death body was found exactly at the center of the cafe. The victim’s name is Victoria Evangelista, the owner of this cafe. The autopsy said she died around 2 to 3 in the morning. The primary suspects said na nabagot ang ulo nito dahil sa sobrang dulas ng sahig,” he informed us while we are walking, almost entering the cafe.

As we enter, I saw a body, hindi pa pala nakukuha ang katawan nito and I wasn’t shock when Red hand me a pair of gloves. I mean, what to be shocked to what’s so damn usual? Gloves is essential for work like this.