XIV. PLAGIARISM

Chapter 14

FROWNING IS visible in my face as the yellow stardust of the sun faced my unpainted face. I didn’t bother to hide it because honestly, day time is where I normally slept and I am indeed sleepy right this time.

Rushing footsteps towards our direction made my system alive. I lifted my head up and there was the girl we talked and helped a while ago, this time, she was with the girl I assume who they are finding, Melissa.

“Salamat nga po pala sa pagtulong sa amin. Akala kasi namin nawawala na siya,” aniya, Ryo, being our leader welcomed her.

“Thank you too,” Melissa thanked us hardly and bow a little na tila hirap sa pagyuko bago nagpaalam. “I joined the Science Writing so if you may, I will excuse myself,” then she vanished to our sight. She seems like... a robot. Walang buhay ang pagsasalita nito at... matigas.

“The awarding ceremony will start about a minute. For participants, good luck and go to the backstage of our theater and for the one who is willing to watch the ceremony, do cooperate and enter the main door,” the speaker who is perhaps located in the senior office said.

“Psh. Noong atin, sa main library ginanap. Ang dami kayang dumali no’n, even the participants guardians tapos ngayon sa theater na, may libreng upuan pa,” Aoi said bago yumuko at may pinulot sa sahig.

“School Press Conference. Be brave enough. Wews. Oh! Look, gallery walk and exhibit of best printed outputs are in the main library. Halikayo, dali! Habang may oras pa before the awarding ceremony,” she joyfully said bago ako hinila, leaving the three boys pati iyong mga nasa journalism club.

Sinundan kami ng tatlo. Aoi’s already let go of my hand dahil nasa baywang ko na ang kamay niya, roon ako hinihila.

“I love the quote! The power of the pen comes from the truth. Naks!” she injected bago pumasok sa hindi gaanong kalakihang kuwarto.

Truth to the paper words, there are hanged printed papers sa dulo niyon and some people are viewing that. Alam na this, these outputs are the one who will be awarded, ig.

“Their cartooning outputs looks so good,” Red commented while walking through the cartooning section.

“I second the motion,” Ryo added. I was just watching them, waiting for them to satisfy themselves para makauwi na kami at makatulog na ako. Sabik na akong mahagkan ang kama.

“Lets get going,” Tyron suggested kaya napangiti ako ng palihim. That’s my boy.

“True. Someone who doesn’t sleep at night and sleeps in morning is sleepy,” I rolled my eyes in Ryo’s statement.

“Kala mo hindi rin antukin,” I whispered yet it seems like they heard it kaya humalaklak sila. Even Red! I’m sleepy yet they are annoying me. Tss!

Nagpatuloy na ako sa paglabas, not minding their footsteps and laughters.

A running student bumped to my shoulders at dahil mukhang nagmamadali siya, hinayaan ko na lang.

“Guys! Guys! Me—” I didn’t hear her that much dahil nakalayo na ako sa main library. I was just walking and suddenly, napunta ako sa isang pool.

Nangunot ang noo dahil ang linis, I mean, if Melissa went here and they do some romantic shits, bakit ang linis? How fast are they to clean this? Or ibang lugar ang tinutukoy like...

“Aw!” voice of someone tweezed in pain as I bumped to her. Ugh! I bumped with two students already!

“Sorry. Why are you all are in hurry ba?” I asked, hiding the irritation of my voice but my face doesn’t bother to hide it.