XXV. A SCAR THAT EVOKES A PAINFUL PAST

Chapter 25

THE EERIE feeling did not leave the five of them; it gives Lacey a chills after confirming that Ryo’s birthday is the same day when her mother died.

After her death, Lacey decided to take part of the organization someone she knew is the boss.

And that’s the cue to start the revenge of a scar that evokes a painful past; fulfilling her responsibilities, she had gathered his trust but unfortunately, things weren’t really in good terms between the two of them.

Just like her death. It was their main issue. And 19 years of being a pet and hiding to shadows, she, together with them will put an end to this.

She again sighed and look above; the clouds began to gather in the sky of plasma-blue. The clouds are like airy anvils drifting under the gleaming disc of sun.

Lacey puffed and giggled a bit as she look to sharply in everything her eyes laid on; puffing like something horrible happened to her and giggling like a psychopath who is wanting cold bodies to penetrate her red contact lens eyes and is somewhat succeeded, blood flowing through her hands while his corpse is lying down on the cold floor. Of course it was just mentally.

“You little piece of—” she couldn’t finish her sentence when an idea snapped to her brain.

“Interesting,” she mumbled and grinned, wheezing, she took her phone out as if she was in her own world, not minding the four who is somehow giving her glances.

Tyron on the other hand soughed upon imagining what things might be after this. Exciting, indeed, a tiny tingling sensation is spreading throughout his body but actually speaking, there’s an apprehensive penetrating his soul.

He clasp his tongue towards his right cheek to make it blow; a habit of him to release all his worries.

“Lace, are you alright?” Aoi inquired when she can’t no longer resist the silence that is enveloping them.

Lacey immediately took her phone back to her pocket and look at Aoi with weary and enthusiasm sight.

She like to laugh right now after realizing the shits she should be realizing in the past few months.

All things that happened aren’t just a mere coincidences because it chained the past of not just her parents, but the whole squad, omeaniscient too.

Themselves are the mystery that lingers to the past. They are the missing piece of the past.

“I’m just a bit tired,” she replied and toss a coin she snatched from Tyron. “I understand. Was it because of work? You’ve been preoccupied lately,” the lady asked again.

Lacey badly wants to sneer but she prevent herself. It was not yet confirmed if either Aoi’s an ally or a foe. Not yet so as soon as she can, she will unleash that mystery to clear her doubts.

Furthermore, she needs Aoi to finish and clean this mess. Not the one to be used, but to remake.

Unless everything is confirmed about this lady, she needs to answer Aoi’s question clearly to prevent loopholes in the future if, however, she choses not to side with her.

“Nope. I’m currently having a dramatic monologue after a minor inconvenience, don’t mind me,” she rest assured. With the means of minor is the antonym, she’s recently dealing with bunch of her entire struggles. Ugh, how exhausting.

“Oh I see. You better take care of yourself then,” then Aoi smiled genuinely to her. She just nodded as a response to her when her phone vibrated.

She hissed and capture her phone out.