XXII. MERRY FIESTA

Chapter 22

THE WORLD where I belong was likely a hell—but not what the real definition is. Every countries has their own way of government, so it does to where I had my senses.

Old man or also known as Pael Fuevos is like the big boss. Upon him, there are shadows; it was me, the first and so on.

As the first villainess, you had all the task for the rest of the villains; you’re the right-hand, let’s say. But beyond me is...

Ara Adriah.

My position enemy. 

Next to her was Tyron, Ayelie, Thiago and so on and so forth.

When I was a kid and when she died, Pael offered me this kind of work. He trained me to be wicked, like him. But I taught myself to be brave alongside the storm.

I accepted the offer because of one thing; it is to revenge my mother. Because of him... she died.

I accepted his proposal to sponsor not just studies but my whole needs while I am under his custody... but in exchange of my freedom. I will serve him until my last breath.

That suck off me, I know. But I never expect to be this far either. To kill people who are bad. I have no differences to them neither because I kill them without even giving them the chance to change themselves. I am just like them... my hands and mind are dirty too.

After that, I bumped Ara’s position as a rank 1. The position switched, I am Pael’s shadow and Ara... is my shadow but not until she tried to end my meaningless life.

She got emitted. Ara Adriah was evicted into her rank 2 after trying to kill me. Now, she’s houseless, I guess.

And look now, old man is communicating with her.

I lift my head and look at the blue-white sky. What I have done and my life now seems so cruel?

Fate surely hates me a lot.

“Cey? Lace?” voices echoed throughout my ears made me shivered and look down. There goes Aoi and Ryo in both side my ears.

“Oh...” I scoffed then cleared my throat.

“We look to you and luckily, we saw you here, looking up the sky,” my eyes widens and immediately roam my eyes to see if Ayelie is here or not. She shouldn’t be known by these persons! Maybe soon.

I scoff at that thought. “By the way, we brought the bracelet you hold. You want to see it? We’re wearing it! Look, we all have. Quick, have it on!” our cheerful not oh so naive theater actress, Aoi said.

I smiled at her and took the bracelet she hand. A bitter smile plastered to my face as I look at it.

I hope... we can stay pals... forever.

“Quick! Wear it!” she insisted that made me chuckled. “Okay. Calm down. I’m gonna wear it,”

“Yah! It looks good! Let me take a photo of it!” Aoi blissfully said. Instead of making me annoyed, I found cute and... a sense of home.

“So you’re just going to take an image of you, girls?” Ryo asked in disbelief.

“What? I said the whole squad!”

But I never thought... you had such bad intentions that stamp the law towards... your best of friend.

You’re good at acting. I see. Maybe you can teach me some other time.

I tickled when an arm invaded my shoulders. Inakbayan lang naman ako ni Tyron. What to be expected.

“What did you talk about? I have a hard time making those three misguided.” I pat his shoulder, acknowledging his common sense and look at the three who is in front of us.