XXXIV. DEMISE

Chapter 34

ARA EXHALED the smoke of her cigarette whilst the smiled plastered on her lips as she departed from the bar never faded.

The quiet place was disturbed by a knock on her dark room; only the light of the moon that’s smashing on her open window was the only thing that gives a light to the room.

“Come in,” she permitted before walking to the table where her white ashtray was located. She put down her cigarette as the man she is expecting finally came.

“Ara,” greeted by him. His rough voice made Ara winced.

Lol, he’s getting old after all. She thought to her mind before gesturing him to sit down. “Pael,” she greeted back. She puffed her cigarette once again that made Pael winced.

“Have you done it already?” Pael asked, avoiding the smoke of Ara’s cigarette.

A smirk plastered on Ara’s lips again before arrogantly look at him. “I already did. I already killed one of the person she treasures,” she stated and emphasized the word treasures.

Pael smiled. “That’s great. What do you want as a reward?” Pael questioned, roaming his gaze to the dim room.

Ara puffed one more time before squashing the cigarette’s smoke on the ashtray before answering Pael. She smirked upon thinking something delightful.

“How about Lacey’s head? Imma hang in on the wall or in my door,” she replied, smirking. Pael scoffed before a devilishly grin form on the side of his lips.

“Do what you wanted to do. I don’t give a fuck about it, anyway,” Pael responded, gaining Ara chuckled. “You really wanted her death, huh? No wonder why. She’s getting weak and her friends are somewhat fool though they have the face. Especialy that Ryo,” Ara commented, making Pael eyebrow heightened.

“Ryo Marquez?” he asked, baffled upon his comrade revelation. “I think so. He’s cute,” Ara then lick her lower lip.

“No. Not him,” Pael said firmly. He stood up, intimidating Ara. Ara let out a sarcastic chuckle.

Ara stood up too, leaning a bit to Pael to intimidate him too. “And why is that?” Ara taunted, taking another step to frighten Pael.

“And why are you asking?” Pael retaliated back, leaning forward to overawe the stubborn Ara.

Ara then took a step backward. “Why suddenly you become protective?” Ara then let out a hard laughters that echoed in the abandoned place.

“You’re out of it.” Pael uttered before wearing his jacket. “I doubt it, dude,” said Ara as if she was just talking a boy with the same age of her.

“Then doubt the fuck of it,” Pael angrily delivered and harshly grab his things. “Aren’t you just scared that imma use him towards you? Oh, dear, you’re wrong, he actually caught my attention,” Ara informed him that made him cursed mentally.

“How ironic...” Ara paused, taking a glance to Pael. “You managed to ask me to kill your daughter and after you asked for a compensation, I answered Lacey’s head and you agreed but now that I was talking to that cute guy as a reward... you suddenly gone mad. How ironic. Tsk tsk tsk. No wonder they hate you to the pit of hell,” Ara spoke and the latter didn’t mind her. Instead, he walk carelessly and slam the door hard.

Ara then chuckled.

Because after all, they aren’t friends nor enemies, they were just workmates.

The police officers came in that made Red’s forehead creased. He haven’t called any authorities because he is busy comforting Ryo who is looking nowhere.