XVIII. CRIME MAGNETS

Chapter 18

GREEN GRASSES and plants among the whole park, fresh wind, and even tall trees are swaying peacefully; dancing in an unknown rhythm.

A jacket laid in my shoulders. And there goes Red, smiling a bit to me.

“You should cover yourself. Not those thin layers especially in the morning,” he said and sat next to the swing I am sitting.

“Next time,” I answered him that made him smiled. My forehead creased because of his sudden reaction.

“What’s with your reaction?” natatawa kong tanong dito.

“About what you said,” he replied then swung. Huh? See, I’m having a hard time understanding them. How pity of me.

Poor Lacey.

“Huh? I do not remember saying something funny,” I questioned him which made him chuckled softly.

“You’re the same. Dense. No wonder why,” he responded. See, he’s weird! If ever I didn’t know him, I probably will think that he’s talking to someone people eyes can’t see.

Psh!

Silence is taking us when his phone beeped.

“A video from Tyron,” he said out of nowhere kaya luminga-linga ako. Gosh, baka may kinakausap talaga siya maliban sa akin?

He laughed kaya tumingin ako rito and I saw him looking at me. “Seriously. What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” he answered, making me sighed. Oftentimes, I really don’t get them while them, they are laughing while me was still wondering what the heck are they talking about. I’m always out of place.

“Is this you?” he asked saka tinaas ang tingin sa akin. I frowned at him bago lumapit sa sinasabi niya. It was a video of me when I was savaging some ill-mannered doll in the bar. I remembered that night again! Tss!

“You’re feisty here,” he continued and I hissed bago inalis ang tingin sa telepono niya. “You really love red, don’t you?” I looked at him dahil sa tanong niya. My neck heated dahil parang dobleng tanong iyon.

Snap out of it, you lazy creature, Lacey! You’re way too ma-issue!

Our faces are inches far away from each other. I can clearly sight how his adams apple wave.

I immediately evaded my glance at him saka humarap sa harap. Clearing my throat for the second time, I answered him. “I love red,” I uttered and I can hear how he swallowed his own saliva.

Upon understanding what I’d said and he suddenly became like that, I bit my lower lip because of embarrassment. “I... I mean... I love the color red?” that’s not an answer, it’s a question too.

I badly want to hurt my myself dahil doon. Gosh, Lacey, you’re too obvious!

Silence composed us not until we heard a shout. Napatayo kami at kaagad na nagkatinginan. Gosh, are we really a crime magnet?!

A hand reached my wrist and ran that caused me to come with Red. Of course, siya lang naman ang kasama ko dahil sa dare na ginawa ko!

Tons of people who were strolling to the park are running or gossiping at that shout came to the frame.

I can’t blame them. Kami rin naman ng kasama ko ay napatayo dahil doon.

“I’m going to call dad, stay here, okay? Wait for me.” He stated bago tinignan ang kamay naming magkahawak bago binitawan iyon.

The scene in front of us is a toddler who is sticked to the metal of an unfinished structure mayhaps beside the slide. Tss! They should put at least a plastic or anything that can cover the metal’s prick!