XV. TRICK US, TREAT US

Chapter 15

WARNING!

this chapter and succeeding chapters has an explicit language and themes that is not suitable for adolescents and could be harmful, traumatizing or triggering for few readers.

THE QUIVERING temperature of the room made me open my eyes. I tried standing but ending up lying down again. What the heck is happening to me?!

I held my temple as it tingled—it felt like a sharp object is pricking my head.

Then I questioned myself. What happened? Why am I still here? Isn’t today Saturday?

Confusion eats my whole system as I stare in nowhere. Wincing, I tried standing again and finally! I did it! Although there is still a bit ache in my head.

I go through the bathroom and fixed myself. As I open the bathroom door, my room door opened too.

We both stood froze upon seeing each other, feeling each other presences and movements, I shrugged my shoulders bago humakbang palabas.

She, Aoi, on the other hand ran towards my direction and punch me with her hug. She hugged me tight as if I’d been lost to her arms.

“Lace! Glad you’re awake,” she then said, untying our closed body. And because I’m taller than her, she held my hand and made me sat on the bed. I chuckled mentally. At least I am not the smallest because I am the second smallest. Tss!

“Your hair is shiny.” Aoi stated while caressing my hair gently. I sighed and held my temple as it ache again. Gosh, this pain vanished recently for a minute and now, here it comes again! How desperate this pain is to hurt me badly?!

“Lace! Lace!” she shouted my name, not know what to do, she’s jolting me, increasing the pain I am feeling.

“Stop jolting me because instead of vanishing, it just worsens,” I still manage to say that even though I’m feeling dizzy again. Gosh, don’t make me feel drowsy again! Kakagising ko lang.

But seriously, what really is happening to me?

“Lacey?” a sweet voice echoed through my ears, making me lift my head as it remind me of someone.

Blinking, I saw Tyron in front of me, caressing my cheeks with his soft touches and face.

“Are you okay? Aoi is rushing to us while saying your name,” he questioned me, sighting in Ryo and Aoi. Ryo who is stroking Aoi’s back while holding a glass with his other hand. Indeed, Aoi ran just to tell them what my estate is.

I smiled bitterly. How long can you endure acting, my dear acquaintance? Or was you really don’t know everything and here I am, suspecting you as a pawn to his game?

A small grin plastered on my lips but it faded when I felt two pair of eyes are staring at me.

I smiled awkwardly at Tyron who is staring deeply at me, telepathy saying, what are you planning. I just shrugged my shoulders innocently.

Of course, he’s my best pal after all. Definitely, he knew everything, especially what is occurring in this task. And Aoi, he already knew who Aoi really is. What’s beyond the adorable Aeiou?

What a name.

I released my gaze to him and point my attention to Red, his lips are in a tight line, hands in his pocket, as usual. Red’s nature.

“Cey, what happened? We’re preparing breakfast and Aoi rushing footsteps made us worried to her and you. She volunteered herself to check if you’re awake so you can join us eating breakfast. She said, you’re holding your head tightly. What’s the real score? Are you... by any chance is... ill?” Ryo looked through my soul and afterwards, he cleared his throat and remove his worried eyes as its mirrored my dull eyes.