Chapter 28 : Assumption

TW: Mentions of Suicide

Catras POV:

The next few days after Sabrina's visit, the matter didn't leave my Mind. I am still not sure why i even want to help her so much but maybe part of me sees my past self in a Gay Woman that's under the control of her Parents .....only i never questioned who i was and accepted it rather seamlessly.

Adoras Phone blew up ever since the visit with every kind of question you can think of. Most of it nearly demanding answers about our relationship (she still doubted that i told her the truth about us i think), LGB matters or Mirai. Adora and i took turns answering and we made sure that questions that went to private were ignored or answered IF we both agreed to it.

Now four days later, the constant questioning finally stopped and Adora had the use of her Phone back. We answered any question Sabrina had (nearly all....some privacy please ffs) and i am honestly surprised she seems so interested when she has clear reservations about us.

Its now late in the evening and Adora is at work at the moment and i'm just getting more and more bored in our Room. Mermista's words come back to my mind and the part about the Codependency she mentioned does scare me a bit....but hell it's not like i can't be away from Adora (hell i am right now and im not losing it...just bored is all) i just don't want to be.

As i am about to reach for my Phone to check the time, I hear a knock on the Door "CATRA! OPEN UP" shouted Kakos Voice and i open the door in apprehension

Kako and her Sister look at me with Fear "Where is she?"

"She? Who? Adora? What are you on about?" i ask, making way so we don't have this conversation in the Hallway

"Sabrina send me this and then went off the Grid a few hours ago" Kako says and hands me her Phone

On it, i read the opened message: "Hey ....i wanted to tell you i am sorry for the way i treated you both the last few years. Turns out the World is not what i thought it was and while I felt the disconnect for years, i now begin to realize that i took out a lot on those around me. You and your Sister stuck by my side even when you had every right to leave and i truly don't deserve either one of you. I will one day find what little Humanity is left of my Soul to apologize to Mirai in Person, you have my Word on that but for now ....i need some time to think"

I couldn't believe it. Sabrina made a breakthrough and now wants to work through it instead of digging herself back into the comfortable hole of Denial she stayed in for years. It is like I'm looking at a Closet and see the smallest tiny opening now. Insignificant for most but for a Person like her, it could be huge.

I hand back the Phone "That's....good right? i mean she finally tries to deal with herself in a semi healthy manner instead of ignoring her issues so why are you so freaked out?"

"Because she never did this? I have known her since we were 8 and ....this is to different from who she is" Kako was in a frenzy of worry wile, surprisingly, Mirai was a lot more calm

"She needs to deal with this sis and we all know it. If her process is to get a few drinks and think, i believe she has the right to do so" Mirai explains

"See? Mirai gets it. Look, I'm gonna write Adora about this. They have been texting a lot in the last few days and maybe she knows something" i explain as i get my Phone. Adora still has about 2 hours of her work left so i don't expect her to see this to soon. My Mind goes to DT for a second but i will not involve them as long as I know no one is in danger....i owe DT far too much already.

I get the two something to drink and we try to get Kako a bit more calm. It truly shows how much the Redhaired Girl means to her as a Friend to get her this upset i can only call it Heartwarming. To my surprise, the door opens half an hour later and Adora walks in