Four.

*Meredith's POV*

I stood behind the counter, unable to move or think. Who the heck was he? The boy walked slowly around the corner of the road and I watched him disappear down the street.

Carefully, I pulled down my sleeve to reveal the freshly made scars. Something inside me wanted to run out and beg that boy to come back, and we could talk.

But then again, I am extremely socially awkward. I have never been able to cope in social situations. As a kid, I was cronically shy and spent my time bunking off school so I didn't have to talk to people.

I just don't like talking. Especially about myself. But for your benefit, I'll give you some info.

My name is Meredith, I'm seventeen and I hate everything. Also, I was in an orphanage my whole childhood because my mum didn't want me. I have an older brother, Reece, that treats me like I'm a baby. He's so over protective.

That enough?

"Meredith?" Someone jolted me from my thoughts. I spun round.

"It's the end of your shift." My boss raised her eyebrows.

"Sorry, Linda." I shrugged and started to leave.

"See you later, honey." Linda smiled, her green eyes lighting up.

Awkwardly, I scurried out of the shop and down the road. I did as I usually did, and walked down the road to the park.

Every day after work, I'd go down to the park at the bottom of the street and walk out into the fields. Walking was a serious stress reliever for me, nearly as much as the cutting.

The breeze picked up, and I began to feel freezing. I was always cold, but today the icy air was enough to even make me uncomfortable. My already pale skin was almost blue. 

There was a particular spot I always walked to, and no one else ever seemed to sit there so I sat there most days. I immediately recognised the area.

A bench sat alone, away from the still pond and shivering trees. No one ever seemed to notice me if I sat there, and that was a good thing.

Leaning back onto the back of the bench, I sighed up at the cloudy sky. Maybe I'll die soon. Hopefully.

To be honest, I had given up. Given up completely. I was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Reece.

"Hello?" I heard my possesive older brother say.

"Hi." I muttered.

"What are you doing? How was work?" he asked.

"I'm at the park and work was good." I said quickly.

"Are you alone?" he asked another question.

"Yeah I'm alone." I shrugged.

"Okay." Eventually I got off the phone with him and I groaned.

What is up with him? I'm my own person. Frowning, I pulled my feet up so I was sitting cross legged.

I heard footsteps behind me. "Hey. It's you." someone said.