Thirty Six.

Lying on the floor, I thought quietly about Meredith, Felix and Adrianna. They really care about me. It'd been about two hours since they had left, and I'd had butterflies in my stomach since. 

So things were all okay we Meredith and I. I'd never been so relieved in my life. The feeling of her lips on mine once again was pure bliss. I was going to get back home as soon as possible. And, hey, I was missing Dinosaur too.

There was a little knock on the door, and I sat up. "Come in?" 

A nurse appeared in the doorway, and she smiled sweetly. "Ah, Devin. It's twelve thirty. You're twenty minutes late for your therapy." 

"Oh, shit. Sorry." What annoyed me about the staff at the rehabilitation clinic was that they all spoke to me like I was a little kid. I got up and quickly strode into the office opposite my room. "Hi, Dr. Maxwell?" I called for my therapist.

"Hey. Come in." Dr. Maxwell grinned. "You seem a lot better." he said as I came in, smiling at him. 

"Yeah, I guess. I've cheered up quite a lot." I admitted. 

"Is it because your friends came to see you?" he asked. I nodded and he smirked at me. "So. Meredith's your extra-special friend I'm guessing?" Dr. Maxwell raised his eyebrows. I didn't answer and he smirked at me softly. 

"Um... Dr. Maxwell?" I said nervously. He looked at me expectantly. "When can I go home?" 

"When I'm completely confident that you're mentally fit to not cut or do anything dangerous to yourself or others." he said simply. I looked at him with a begging look on my face. "To be honest, Devin, I feel like you need a few more weeks here. Just because you want to get home it doesn't mean I'll let you." 

I tried to hide the bitter disappointment on my face, but he seemed to detect it immediately. "I...I'm better now..." I pleaded. "I need to get back home." 

"Devin... Don't make this harder for me. You may feel like you're ready to leave but seriously, you could get worse in a second. Not that that's what a therapist should tell their client..." Dr. Maxwell seemed to soften a little. 

"Fine. I'll give you three days. Because I trust you, if you can prove to me in three days that you're completely sane, then I'll let you get back to Meredith and your friends. Done deal?" he asked.

"Ok, thank you so much!" I grinned excitedly. 

"I shouldn't be doing this." Dr. Maxwell sighed softly.