Twenty Eight.

Dinosaur had been living with us for two weeks now, and Meredith and him were completely inseparable. At times I was even a little jealous. But I knew Meredith loved me more than anything else, and we'd stay together forever.

Or so I thought. 

"Devin..." Meredith cooed. "Look at him..." she pointed at Dinosaur, who was asleep in my lap.

"He's almost as adorable as you." I smirked. She giggled and hit my shoulder jokingly. I stuck my tongue out and reached next to me, kissing her cheek. 

Meredith scooched a little closer to me on the sofa and I grinned at her. We were so happy. So in love. But that was not going to last. 

Dinosaur woke up and yapped softly. Meredith reached her arms out and picked him up. I gasped and grabbed her arm. Her face went white, and it was then that I knew. I knew she had cut. "Meredith..." I warned. 

"I..." she said quietly. Meredith stood up and tried to get away but I grabbed her and pulled her back down. She resisted as I rolled up her sleeves. I gasped when I saw the state of her arms.

These were deep cuts.

"Meredith! Why? I was meant to keep you safe... Don't I make you happy?" I asked, dying inside. Pain slashed my chest and I felt my stomach drop. 

"I... I am happy..." she said. I knew immediately that she was lying. 

"I thought we were happy. I thought that everything was fine now..." I choked. Tears built up in her eyes and she sniffed. "Why are you crying?" I asked, the sight of her tears destroying me more.

"Because everything isn't fine. And it never will be." she said, her voice breaking and a tear falling down her cheek. 

I looked into her crystal eyes, and I sighed. "Oh, Angel. Why can't I save you?" 

Her face changed from sadness into anger. "I don't need you to save me!" Meredith began to shout. "Why the hell do you fucking occupy yourself by asking me how I feel? I don't need you in my life!" 

Those words hit me like a bullet. 'I don't need you.' 

"Fucking leave. Leave my house now." I said quietly, trying to hide the pure rage in my voice. "It's fucking over! Meredith get the fuck out!" 

She looked shocked. "Devin..." 

I shook with fury. "I went through so much to save you! Fuck you!"

"Maybe you should have died that day." Meredith looked completely insane, the look in her eyes flashing red. "Maybe I should have to." 

"Get your shit and fuck off out my life!" I yelled. She swung her arm to punch me but I grabbed her arm and shoved it away. "Don't even try." I warned. 

It was then that she packed her bags and left without another word.