Twelve.

*Meredith's POV*

Awkwardly, I walked around the corner into the lounge where Devin stood. He had a weird, thoughtful look on his face. "I know I look stupid." I stuck my tongue out.

"Aww, no way. You underestimate how beautiful you really are, you know." Devin looked me up and down.

"Oh, Devin. You don't have to lie." I frowned, catching a look at my reflection in the window. My my skin was pale and I had dark smudges under my eyes from lack of sleep. Definately not beautiful.

"Why don't you like yourself? You are the most perfect person I've ever met, but you really hate being you. Why?" he looked kind of upset.

"Same reason you hate yourself." I shrugged. "Except I'm not perfect, nowhere near it. Do perfect people commit suicide?"

"You didn't. And anyway you wouldn't have done it if I hadn't! I damn near murdered you." Devin sighed, collapsing back onto the sofa.

"Why did you try to end it?" I felt a stab of sadness in my chest.

"Well... You don't want to know." he bit his lip.

"Trust me. I do." I insisted.

"Fine... Um, well... The day I spoke to you, I had pissed you off and forced you to speak about yourself. When I got home, I cut. Which is normal. But when I woke up the next morning, it was too deep. So I just decided to go and finish the job." Devin shivered.

"You didn't piss me off! I just made you upset! It was all my fault... I nearly killed you!" Meredith looked shocked.

"No, it was me." Devin moved along and let me sit next to him on the sofa. I felt emotion building up inside me. Before I knew it, tears were brewing in my eyes.

I couldn't cry! I hadn't cried for years. Every day, I felt depressed, but too depressed to actually cry.

A tear rolled down my cheek and dropped onto my chest. Suddenly, a rush of tears flew down my face, and I was crying more than I ever had. Devin held me close, pulling me onto his lap.

"Holy shit, Devin... We could have died!" I said between sobs. Devin kept silent, stroking my hair.

A drop of warm water fell onto the back of my neck. I turned around, to see Devin, with tears streaming down his face. We stared at each other, crying our eyes out.

I hugged Devin into my chest and he hugged me into his. Devin and I lay in our embrace, snuggling into each other. "Ssh, Meredith." he sniffed. "We need to let it out."