Thirteen.

A/N: This chapter is a bit of a filler sorry! :)

"It wasn't your fault, I would have ended it anyway." Devin sighed. "Please don't blame yourself, Meredith. Promise me you won't."

"Fine. But I have one question." I told him.

"Fire away." Devin said, handing me a cup of coffee from the other side of the table.

It had been about an hour since we'd been crying, and Devin and I had just been sitting around drinking coffee, talking about nothing in particular.

"Well... Are you going to try and commit suicide again?" I forced the question out.

He seemed a little shocked, and for a moment, I thought he'd cry again. After thinking for a minute, Devin looked up at me. "No. No I'm not. I have something to live for now."

"What?" I questioned.

"You." he shrugged. "You care about me, and I care about you. So if I kill myself, I know you will, and I can't let that happen."

"Aww. " I didn't know what to say. Someone actually cared about me.

I looked at Devin carefully. He had shiny black hair, his skin was pale and he looked tired. His eyes were dark, and a bit like a car crash. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't look away.

There was something about Devin. Something different. I'd never met anyone like him before, but I was glad I had now.

When I looked up, I realised how close our faces were. Our lips were almost touching. I gasped and leaned back. Devin's eyes widened at the realisation of our almost-kiss.

"Whoa. Easy, tiger." he joked. I just blushed violently. He ran his hand through his hair and I noticed something on his arm. Devin saw me frowning, and he realised what I was looking at. He rolled his sleeve down and smirked at my reaction.

Devin had a tattoo! It was the face of a tiger, with blue eyes. It was beautiful, and I felt the need to reach out and touch it. When I did, he cringed a little. I snatched my hand away, realising that I'd touched his cuts.

"Sorry." I apologised.

"It's fine." he assured me. "I want to get more." he said, changing the subject back to tattoos.

"I'd like one." I smiled.

"We should get some together. I want to get snake bites too." he nodded. I asked him what snake bites were, and he told me that they were lip piercings.

Wow. Lip piercings. Now that's a turn on. Devin saw my expression and chuckled. "You alright there?"

"Oh, erm. Yeah." I said quickly. Devin laughed and I couldn't help but join in.

A/N: Thank you so much for 500 reads! Love you guys!