Twenty Nine.

*Meredith's POV*

Felix's face when I turned up at his house was one of shock. He didn't question anything as I put my stuff in the spare room. When I walked back into the lounge, I burst into tears. 

He stood up and I collapsed into his arms. "Sh. Ssh, ssh." he soothed me. "Just tell me what happened." 

"We broke up!" I sobbed. I told him everything about the argument.  "I fucking hate him! Why didn't he fucking die when he slit his wrists!" I fumed, years of anger blowing up inside me like a volcano. 

"You don't mean that." Felix said, stroking the back of my head.

"I do." I said, choking on my own tears. Felix sat me down on the sofa and hugged me.

"Hey, do me a favour?" Felix asked. I looked up at him. "Stop crying." he pouted. "I'm gonna make you remember how much you love him really. So sh, and listen." 

I nodded. "You won't be able to though."

"What's your favourite thing about him?" Felix asked, stroking my hair.

"Nothing. I fucking hate him." I said angrily.

"Great. Now the truth please." Felix raised his eyebrows at me. 

"Well. I kinda like the way he makes me laugh sometimes... And when he does that little smirky face he does... And he's kinda cute, too." I admitted.

"Look, you love him. And he loves you. You're just angry at each other. I'm going to get him and you guys can talk." Felix insisted, not letting me interrupt or object. He stood up and left the house, only to return alone a minute later. 

"He's not there..." Felix tried not to look worried, but I could see the concern on his face. I

I began to cry. He was gone. Forever. He would never want to come back. He hates me. I told him to die. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I let my head collapse back onto Felix's sofa, and I closed my eyes. 

"Meredith. Promise me you're okay?" Felix asked.

"I can't. Because I'm not." I said. I heard Felix sigh and he placed a blanket over me. If nothing else, I was so grateful for Felix's company. I let myself slowly slip into an unsteady sleep. 

..................................................................................................

As I woke up, I heard quiet voices and footsteps. Harsh whispers filled the room, and I heard a voice, struck with fear. "How do we tell her?" I heard Adrianna's voice. 

"I'll do it." I heard Felix say quickly. "We just need to get her to the hospital." 

Hands shook my shoulders and I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Adrianna crying. "Meredith, please don't freak out, but..." Felix bit his lip.

"What?" I asked, starting to panic.

"They found Devin hanging from a tree by his neck. It's been ruled as suicide, and they don't know if he's alive."