Thirty Five.

*Devin's POV*

It killed me to see Meredith upset. She was so worried about me, and her skin was pale and dull. Her once beautiful hair fell limply around her shoulders. I missed the old, pretty Meredith. But I did this to her. 

I have caused my Angel all of this stress and I've treated her horribly.  It was all my fault. "Can Meredith and I speak alone?" I asked Felix and Adrianna. They looked at Meredith and she nodded. Cautiously, they walked out of the door and shut it. 

"I'm sorry." Meredith whispered. I went over and we sat cross-legged, looking each other right in the eye. 

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." I frowned.

"I nearly killed you!" she burst into tears. My heart dropped. Meredith thought she was the reason I'd tried to hang myself. Tears flowed down her cheeks and I reached over and wiped her cheek with my thumb. I held her close to me and felt her cry. 

"It wasn't your fault. I chose to do it." I promised her. "How is it going at home? Are you staying with Adrianna?" 

She nodded and I noticed the bags under her eyes. "Did you sleep well?" I asked. She shook her head. "Oh... Angel..." I couldn't deal with how bad Meredith was feeling. I clutched her head close to my chest and I kissed her cheek. 

I needed to get better. I needed to shut out the voices in my head. I needed to get back home to look after Meredith and protect her. 

"Why are you being so kind to me? I should be doing the same to you..." Meredith muttered.

"Just by being here you're making me feel better." I said truthfully. "Don't worry. I'll be home soon."

She looked up at me and smiled softly. Gently, I moved my head closer to hers and let her breath warm my cheek. I tucked her hair behind her ear and breathed in her scent. I'd missed her so much.

We lay back and embraced each other, lying on the ground hugging. Her warm body pressed against mine and I held her hands, kissing her lips softly. I sat up and Meredith stayed lying down.

"I don't think you know how much I honestly love you." Meredith mumbled. I chuckled and stared up at the ceiling. My mental health was getting so much better, just from my Angel being here. I don't know how I could ever make it up to her.

"I might let Felix and Adrianna back in. Otherwise they'll get suspicious." I shrugged.