Fourteen.

A\N: The last couple of chapters have been a little boring but don't worry more is coming!!

*Devin's POV*

I shut the door to my apartment and started down the hallway. "Hey, mate. Can you give me a hand?" A voice asked.

Looking down, I saw Felix, the boy I'd seen a few days ago. He was holding a large cardboard box. I grabbed the other side and we lifted to his apartment and put the box on the sofa.

"Thanks." Felix smiled and I awkwardly stood there, trying not to be a socially awkward weirdo.

I reached my arm up to stroke my hair out of my face, and Felix raised his eyebrows. "Damn. I knew it. I could tell from the look in your eyes."

"What?" I questioned.

"You cut. I saw the scars." Felix sighed. "You're going through exactly what I did."

I sighed, not sure what to say.

Adrianna walked in and grinned at me. "Hey! Devin, right? I'm so bad at names."

"Yeah. It's Devin." I suddenly remembered Meredith. "Shit... I better go and get Meredith."

"Nah, I'll get her. I need to make friends in this town." She giggled and walked out.

"We need to talk." Felix told me. "You need advice."

"I..." I was speechless.

"Just sit down." Felix motioned to the sofa and we sat down. "I know what you're going through. You may think you're alone, but you aren't."

"But..." I started.

"Anyway, what does your girlfriend think?" Felix asked.

"Girlfriend?" I frowned.

"Meredith?" Felix smirked.

"Oh what? No way! She is not my girlfriend." I bit my lip.

"Alright, how much do you love her?" Felix asked.

"I don't!" I insisted. Felix chuckled and raised his eyebrows at me. He pulled his hoodie sleeves over his hands and gave me a 'look.'

Adrianna and Meredith walked in, and I felt a lump in my throat. Meredith had a twinkle in her eye, and she smiled at me.

"Hi guys." She sat down with Adrianna.

"Hey." Felix said, looking straight at me. Meredith looked a little confused.

"I was wondering if you two wanted to stay over? We have alcohol." Adrianna tried to tempt us.

"I'll stay. Meredith?" I asked.

She looked a little shifty. "Well... I haven't been home in three days or texted my brother. He's probably worried."

"That's okay." Adrianna assured her.

"But my brother doesn't own me." She nodded. "I'll stay."

I grinned at her and she grinned back. "Coolio." Felix stood up and returned with some beers.

As I sipped my first bit of beer, I knew something was going to happen that night, but I didn't know what.