A Crazy Court Case (Part 3)

As Yugi and Kelly witnessed the situation with everyone, they hoped that things would go well as they didn't want to lose anyone or get killed either. Sarah also knew this, and crossed her fingers, hoping that they would be able to get out of their situation. Belle was starting to get anxious, as she knew that since Atem was a twin, and from what she witnessed in previous situations, he was overprotective of Yugi, meaning that messing with him was not smart. 

Carol and Jimmy were prepared to do anything necessary to help, no matter the risk. Kell tried to come up with a plan so that they all had the upper hand, sighing as she got nowhere. Carl's was also anxious, fearing that the only way to save Yugi was to let someone else handle anything like their current fight. "There is no way you losers will make it," Vanessa told Kelly and Yugi, smugly. "You'll both die in agonizing pain." Kelly and Yugi cried even more. 

Tristan saw both Nephthys and Atem look at each other, then at the rest of the group. Solomon looked at Vanessa, thinking they were insane. Nichole also facepalmed, agreeing with how bonkers they were. "Yeah...they're bonkers!" Solomon pointed out. "Carol, whatever you might have to do, make sure that Yugi and Kelly are safe. I trust Atem and Nephthys already, but...the older siblings of Kaiba and Valeria need to get arrested." Carol understood what he meant, as Noah and Vanessa were insane.  

"Understood," Carol said. "Jimmy and I will do our best to look after Yugi and Kelly. Atem, Nephthys, make sure Jimmy and I have an advantage in this situation." The two of them nodded, agreeing to the plan so that Yugi and Kelly would remain safe from even more situations that could happen. Scarlett saw the plan go into full motion, wondering if things could get better. Kell also thought things could get better if this plan was executed. 

Just as expected, Carol and Jimmy were able to get the upper hand so that they could help save Yugi and Kelly, allowing them to help stop Noah and Vanessa at the same time. "Phew," Scarlett said. "That was close." Joey nodded in agreement as everything went back to normal, knowing they had to go back to court with everyone and explain what occurred. 

While everyone was back in court, everyone explained what happened, with Jimmy presenting the crucial evidence to the judge, saying that both Atem and Nephthys go with the plan Carol thought of, giving both her and Jimmy the upper hand to save Yugi and Kelly. "Those two are scary," Kelly said. "If it weren't for Atem, Nephthys, Carol, and Jimmy, Yugi and I could've died, along with everyone else." Alex nodded in agreement, as she was also a witness in the situation. 

"Even though the Shadow Games are even more dangerous, if Atem and Nephthys are handling the situation, they're doing their best to make sure we're safe," Tea said. "And Yugi and Kelly, you two are lucky to have those two as duel partners. They might be overprotective, sure, but they certainly mean well." Yuya nodded to Tea's statement as everyone listened to what was spoken.

"She's right, as Kelly and I were first unsure of them, but after a long time, we now know that we can trust and understand that they know what's going to happen," Yugi explained. "Please understand that, even though this is the 21st century, not all situations should be handled in your expected way, especially in a life-or-death battle involving cards like the ones Noah and Vanessa had."

  Carol hated to admit it, but Yugi understood both sides of the same coin. "The law is the law," the judge said. "I assume you know that." Carol and Yugi nodded, looking at each other. "Carol is my cousin, though, in Ancient Egyptian times, things were pretty intense, just like what I experienced with Kelly. Also, if I remember correctly, there are all degrees of murder." 

The judge nodded, mentally facepalming himself as he forgot that Yugi knew both sides of each argument, especially because Carol, a police officer, was his cousin. Man, I hate it when I forget this stuff, the judge thought. Carol Muto is a cousin of this kid!  "Right.." he said, sheepishly. "You're a cousin." Alex saw the judge was embarrassed then regained composure. 

Yugi saw a lot of parents there and heard every single statement. Joey had a feeling he would go up again and decided to help out by vouching for Atem and Nephthys by explaining other times they were able to help since other situations weren't mentioned. Lydia helped Joey with his statement. The judge was impressed with this like the others. Ray glared at Kaiba, as he was getting irritated. Carol saw this with everyone.  

Alex explained what she knew about being manipulated mentally and emotionally like the others, and knew that not only Aura and Weevil were being used, but this was also happening to Belle. "We know she's doing what she thinks is right," Kelly said. "But her behavior is strange, and to manipulate someone close to you mentally and emotionally is also not okay." Jin and Nik supported the statement with everyone else, as they were also concerned for Belle. 

"Your Honor, even though they have a point, we were there when Yugi and Kelly almost got killed," Belle argued. "I was worried sick. Anyone could've died...including Tea." Ray nodded in agreement, as he was another witness to the situation. Tea sighed, knowing that Belle wouldn't understand what Tea was going through with what was going on with Belle. Kelly figured other people would have to step in and argue their point. 

"Looks like we might have to let Atem and Nephthys explain the rest of the case," Kelly told Yugi, sighing. "We're running out of options." Yugi knew this was true, and decided to switch with her at the same time. Joey saw this and argued his point, seeing other people join in. "I know you might not believe us, but even I know that Yugi has a huge anxiety problem like Kelly," Carol explained, sighing. "It's sad to see him go through this." Belle nodded, knowing that, even though she was trying to argue her case, she definitely couldn't argue with that. 

"She does have a point," Belle agreed. "I want the best for Yugi, as I'm hoping that he'll marry Tea. She has a millennium necklace that can see the future, and I hope that one day, I'll be an aunt." Tea smiled, as she also wanted to marry someday. Lisa and Jake, Paradise City police officers were also there, as they also hoped things could go well. "Hopefully this will work," Joey said to Carol. Carol also hoped it would work. "Agreed," Carol said. 

The judge understood what each side argued, and was impressed with the cooperative teamwork. "I am amazed at how well you worked with Carol and Jimmy," the judge complimented. "You two are a lot older than us, but seem to understand how we do things." Serenity facepalmed, knowing that it was highly obvious that Carol and Jimmy were the only police officers in Domino City that knew Atem. "Here we go," Oliver said, agreeing with Serenity. 

After the statements of Atem and Nephthys were said, Yugi and Kelly switched back, hearing more statements being argued. "I didn't expect Atem to go along with Carol's plan," Belle said. "I just wanted Tea and her friends to be safe." Yugi facepalmed with his group. "Jimmy and I are the only police officers that know about Atem in Domino City," Carol said. "I'm Jimmy's coworker and I've introduced him to Yugi and some of his friends." Tristan nodded, as Carol did do that. Lisa argued that she introduced Jake to Kelly and her friends. 

"You have to admit, even though we didn't present the physical evidence shown, as we weren't there, you can't argue with the fact that Noah and Vanessa are dangerous, Your Honor," Lisa said. "They truly are." Joey nodded as he explained that people with ill intentions were dangerous, being only good at explaining but not imitations. Everyone understood what Joey was trying to explain, including the judge. "Ill intentions are gross," Lydia said. "And we hate them." The others nodded in agreement since they were gross. 

"The thing is, the Duel Monsters game isn't dangerous unless it's used in a way that could harm someone," Jimmy stated. "People like Noah and Vanessa are extremely dangerous." Tea supported the statement, explaining that if it gets violent, people like those two were often arrested, along with the fact that if there wasn't an officer around, someone else had to take charge. "Carol and Jimmy are often busy," Alex admitted. "Meaning that, sometimes, we're often in situations where we're on our own, with no help from those two." Joey supported the statement with Carol, as it seemed like his group was going to win their case. 

As everyone was excused, Alex was hoping that her group would win the case, since they knew that it was hard to argue with the evidence presented. Carol also knew this like the others. "Amazingly, Atem and his sister went with my plan," Carol said, impressed. "I still can't believe it myself." Kelly was also impressed, seeing that when teamwork like this happens, trust can occur. Lisa was also surprised that this happened, despite not being there. "Looks like anything can happen," Lisa guessed. "Especially when my partner and I are there." Yuya nodded in agreement with Jake, waiting for things to turn out well as they were called back, knowing both Vanessa and Noah were arrested for attempted murder.