A moment of comfort

Y/n pov:

All my thoughts are complicated. Carrying the thoughts, pain and memories of two lives.
How did my mother do it 24 times?
Perhaps because she was the goddess of reincarnation, her mind was a lot bigger and had much more space.

Or perhaps she forgot about many of the lives she lived, at least some of them had to be meaningless to her.

I wish I could speak to her. Tell her about how my life was before. She wouldn't defend my brothers or my father if I told her how I was treated, right?

She was in love with the bitch. Maybe she would turn her head away from me as well.
Perhaps she would hate me if she had another life. I killed her after all.
Perhaps she would come back to my family in a new body to get revenge.

Would she hate me?

-

I sat on a cliff, watching the sunset alone. As soon as I got out of the house, I started jogging away.

-

Had I given Kunikuzushi too much? Too much attention and now he was dependent on me?
Maybe I should draw lines between us.

Maybe I would have it so much better if I had forgotten about my past life as soon as I entered Teyvat.

I had given my entire new life to protecting Kunikuzushi from his future. But maybe it was all for nothing? Maybe I should have lived for my own sake for once. It was too late to turn back now. It would be horrible for me to leave him.

And there's also these new feelings I have.
I've been debating if it's really love or just the feeling of being cared for. No one did before, maybe I have attachment issues.

If I ran away from Inazuma. Alone. Leaving everything behind, maybe I could start over for a third time. I could live for myself for a change.

Why am I thinking like this?!
I don't want to leave Kuni.

I'm immortal. That's right.
If I had known earlier that I would doom myself to a friendship that would possibly last for eternity, would I not have stopped him on the street that day?

Of course I would have.
I sighed heavily.
No matter how annoying he is sometimes, or how much I fear his future. He's like me. And I'm like him. I like him. He would never hurt me. And I don't want to hurt him either.

Instead of being doomed into this friendship, maybe it's the best thing that could happen to me.

I smiled and looked back up at the stars that started to appear on the sky.

Maybe tonight is the night I'm able to enter the right dream. And I can finally end this halfassed health of mine.
Would me being healthy ease his thoughts a little?

I sat with my knees into my body, the air was chilly, but not too cold. I warmed myself with my arms and laid my head in my knees, closing my eyes.

"The night beautiful in this world."

The familiar voice was too familiar for my liking.