𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

In your dreams that night, you found yourself walking the same path

In your dreams that night, you found yourself walking the same path. The same people sat around the fire. The same hooded figure took your hand and led you through the woods. You arrived at the same beach. But tonight, instead of finding yourself paused at a kiss or glance, you could feel Eddie's hands and mouth and body devouring your own. His right hand grasped your hair and pulled your head back to expose your neck to his teeth and tongue. His left hand roved over your lower back and pulled you even closer to him.

You were no innocent flower; your hands steadied themselves on his shoulders and anchored yourself to him, for you felt as though you might fly away into the night sky with the elation of feeling his body consuming yours. Your desire only increased, as you remembered that you had indeed done these very same things to him. The memory of his searing kiss was imprinted upon you like a brand.

Before your dream self could get carried away any further, you felt someone shaking you awake. Opening your eyes, you found Max at the culprit.

"Max. It's Saturday. What is it?" you groggily asked and turned away from her.

"Yeah, but it's almost noon. You've got work tonight, right? We have to drive almost an hour away for the nearest mall," she informed your sleepy self.

Flopping back on the pillows, you sighed. "Gotcha. Okay, give me a minute? I, umm—"

"Intense dreams again?" she asked with a knowing smirk.

"Uhh, yeah. Just a bit." You sat up and gently pushed her towards the door. "I'll be out in a minute."

"And who was the star of your dreams," she called back teasingly.

"None of your damn business," you chided her and pushed her out before shutting the door. Leaning against it, you inhaled deeply and thought back to your dream and the very real memory from the night before. You could still feel his touch, strong and smooth, commanding and sensual. You remembered how he tasted like cigarettes and beer and something that was pure Eddie.

As you began to get ready, you couldn't help but think over your interaction with him. Part of you wanted to declare to the world that you had found happiness with someone, but another part of you was worried what people might say or think. Plus, it wasn't like you and Eddie had actually discussed anything last night. You'd just emotionally dumped on him, he'd listened kindly, and then you had attacked each other's faces. For all you knew, he was just drunk and using you.

Shaking those thoughts out of your head, you finished getting dressed and went out to meet Max, but not before tossing on a scarf. Max was waiting by the door and raised her eyebrows. "What's with the scarf?"

"It's cold," you quickly answered and grabbed your purse and keys. "Let's go early bird."

"Early? Y/N how late were you up last night?" she asked.

"I went to bed a little after eleven," you told her the truth. "There was just a lot to process last night."

"Does that have anything to do with the box addressed to Matt's mom in the backseat?" she questioned, as you pulled the car out of the park. You'd noticed that a certain black and grey van was noticeably absent, and you couldn't help wondering a bit where it and its owner might be.