𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

The Hideout was perfectly dead

The Hideout was perfectly dead. There were exactly three workers from the plant drinking the exact same shit beer whilst watching a football game that you were fairly certain had aired several years ago. You were glad that you'd brought a book along with you, but you were unsure about the content. Max had said it was highly moving and advised that you read carefully, which was how you found yourself consumed in the Stranger Beside Me. Clearly, Max thought Eddie might be a serial killer, but even as you read about how Bundy had seemed so normal, you knew that she was wrong. Yes, he was a little weird and eccentric and liked metal bands, but it was a façade that hid the gentle and comforting man. There was no way Ted Bundy would have gotten into a cafeteria brawl to defend someone. Plus, Eddie had way better hair than Bundy.

By six, a few people wandered in for dinner, and you busied yourself with taking a few tables. You were anxious for Eddie to come in both to see him and to talk more about the day. With Max's huffing and puffing the parking lot, you hadn't been able to really check in with him to make sure he really was okay after the fight. Despite his claims that he was fine, you weren't exactly sure how to feel after a guy had literally defended your honor.

Just after seven, Eddie and his bandmates began to come in with all of their gear. You waved while you were finishing up with a table and made your way over to him once you were done. His lip looked better, but the bruise on his cheek had only darkened. Before you could greet him, he swept you up in a desperate kiss. One of his hands held your head and the other your hip. Your lips easily parted to allow him access. But, before his hand could move under your shirt as it was threatening, you pulled away. "Babe. I'm at work!" Eddie leaned his forehead on yours and took a shuddering breath.

"I know. I've just been thinking about how much I want to taste you, and now you're here in that shirt that is just perfectly tight and jeans that hug your ass, so I can't help myself," he growled out. His words only served to increase your desire, but despite the few numbers of patrons, you knew that you could not lose this job.

"After, babe. After," you whispered in his hear and sauntered away. The way he handled you and talked to you helped to release your anxieties about where his head was at. You'd only seen the man four hours ago, and he seemed ready to throw down in front of the entire bar.

You kept yourself behind the bar while they finished setting up, if only to protect yourself from Eddie's wandering hands. Sam had come out to say something to them, and you were doubly grateful for your choice. When he checked in with you, you were happy to confirm that all was well with there only being one table left finishing their meal and the number of bar patrons having grown to a staggering six people. He'd then went back to the office, and you were thankful that he was a relatively hands off boss. In fact, you were fairly certain that he had hired you so that he could have Tuesdays and Thursdays off.

At eight, Eddie introduced the band, and they began to play. While making sure that everyone's drinks were kept filled, you were able to spend most of your time watching them, well, specifically, him. You'd watched last week, but now, knowing just what Eddie could do with his hands and thinking about how they had made you feel, even just tonight when he had grabbed you to kiss you, only let you to thinking the filthiest of thoughts about just where you wanted his fingers and what you wanted them to do to you. You knew his eyes were on you while you swayed to the music, and you couldn't help feeling like it was only the two of you in the room.