𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9

You found yourself walking down the now familiar path

You found yourself walking down the now familiar path. You hurried through the woods to the fire you knew awaited you. All the same faces sat and stared into the flames, but this time, Jane shifted to look at you. "Go to him. He is your match," she told you. No one moved besides her until you came to the hooded figure.

He again removed it and took your hand. "Follow me, my Sunshine," he commanded you. This was different, and you felt the air shifting and changing around you. He pulled you to the same lake side, but this time the moon was gone. There was no light besides the stars. You turned to look at his face and saw it was illuminated not from within but from your own face. "Do you see, my lady, it is you who brings the light. You are the Evenstar, the light of Luthien, come to brighten the world. Do not doubt your brilliance. You are effulgent." You reached for his face where his brown eyes gleamed the light back to you. Your hands caressed his hair, his face, and his mouth. Eddie closed his eyes and leaned down towards you and met your lips.

All at once, a feeling of rightness and wholeness consumed you. It was as though his words had lit the spark and his kiss had ignited your soul. You felt his arms wrap around you and pull you close, as he deepened the kiss. Pulling back for a moment to gaze upon his face, you saw that the night sky glowed with a luminosity that had not been there before. You broke out into a smile that consumed your whole face, and you pulled back down to you—

Jack knifing out of bed, you gulped down sweet, precious air. What. The. Fuck. Was. That??? Taking in deep breaths, you tried to calm your heart rate. You were fairly certain that was the most vivid dream you had ever felt. You recalled his words about your light and touched your face. Did you really bring that much light to others? You certainly hadn't thought so, but the look on his face was one of wonderment and desire.

What was with your subconscious giving you these ridiculous dreams of someone you had no business wanting? But that was it, wasn't it? You wanted him. You'd wanted him, at least subconsciously, since the day he had helped you move in the damn dresser that you now leaned against. Was there something so bad in wanting? In desiring someone who had fixed your car, welcomed you to his life, and apologized when he was wrong? In constantly thinking about the touch of his hand on yours? About what his lips might feel like on yours? If the dream was anything to go by, they were nothing but soft and delicious, destined to sing you songs and kiss and consume you, body and soul.

Looking out the window towards his trailer, you felt something coming in through it. A sense of rightness and wholeness that you hadn't felt in a very long time. Maybe you were wrong to shut Eddie out. Maybe you needed to end it with Matt. He didn't trust you. He didn't call. He wouldn't touch you. There was no doubt in your mind that Eddie would touch you. You had seen him playing with pens, his hair, books, anything he got his hands on. You had seen him play guitar. You saw him command a stage and his instrument, and you had no option but to dance in response.

Your thoughts were broken by Max knocking and telling you the bathroom was empty. You took one last deep breath and look out the window before going in to wash your face. Normally, you wore basic clothes like jeans and tee shirts or sweaters, but you decided that maybe you should set a different tone today. You pulled on your black knee-high boots, a black pencil skirt, and a chunky black sweater that had a deep vee-neck. Pairing it with a selection of gold chains and big gold hoops, you admired the witchy yet preppy tone you'd set. You spent a little longer on your make-up and hair. Even if you weren't feeling amazing and were indeed pondering breaking up with your boyfriend of three years.