𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

It wasn't that Max didn't want to be out with the company plus Robin and Steve, but she also would have been fine to not be around them

It wasn't that Max didn't want to be out with the company plus Robin and Steve, but she also would have been fine to not be around them. Lucas had tried to talk to her multiple times throughout the evening, and it wasn't like Y/N had been any help. Though she knew what she was getting in to when she agreed to help her sister. As Steve drove them to get pizza, he turned to her and asked, "so Max, how long has your sister been dating Eddie 'the Freak' Munson? Because that was not what I had anticipated when Dustin called."

"Steve, don't call him a freak. You have better manners than that," Dustin chimed in. Despite the feelings of reluctance to talk to Lucas, Max knew that if she made one call to Dustin, he could wrangle the group together for the movie trip.

"I think its pretty new," Max replied. While she understood that things with Matt hadn't worked out, having your sister date the town weirdo was not going to make high school any easier. And, he was kind of weird. Thinking back to The Stranger Beside Me, she recalled how even someone as terrible as Ted Bundy had a girlfriend and friends who had no idea who he really was. Eddie was always coming and going in the van that definitely smelled like weed. She knew that he dealt drugs, and after seeing her sister's neck, was it really so crazy to think that he might be a serial killer?

Mike's voice interrupted her ruminations. "Wait, Y/N's dating Eddie? I thought she had that army boyfriend or whatever?" God, Mike was so clueless, Max thought.

"Yeah, well they broke up. He thought she was cheating on him with Dustin when she mentioned him after tutoring him Wednesday," she said and avoided calling Mike a dumbass. What did El see in him?

"What!" Dustin shrieked and cracked his voice. "I would never cheat on Susy!"

"We know!" the car replied in unison. Lucas began to hum the song from Never Ending Story, and Max tried her darndest not to smile.

***

When the alarm went off Tuesday morning, and you made your way to the bathroom, you were moderately scandalized at the state of your neck. Despite Eddie's requests to leave it bare, there was no way you could walk into the halls of Hawkins High with the numerous marks he had lavished upon it. You weren't even feeling great about Max or your mom seeing the state he had brought you to the evening prior. As you saw what you were fairly certain were teeth marks, you couldn't help but grin at the memories of what he had done to you. A shiver went over your body, and you splashed water on your face to come back to reality.

The bright sunlight outside seemed to indicate that a turtle neck would not work today, so you pulled out the concealer and began the lengthy process of covering your neck. With that and hair and makeup accomplished, you finished getting ready and made your way to the kitchen. You mom was gone, so you put on eggs and toast for you and Max who had emerged a bit later. "Just FYI, I've got work at six tonight. There's chicken, salad, and potatoes in the fridge for you," you reminded her, thankful for your shopping trip on Sunday.