𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 36

The silence in the Winnebago is deafening

The silence in the Winnebago is deafening. It was already reverberating through everyone before they'd dropped off the first team at the Creel house. At least Eddie had you by him where he could hold on to you. Now, the space on his side is cold despite the mugginess of the unairconditioned van. Thank god or Satan or Ozzy himself for Dustin sitting next to him. The last thing Eddie can handle right now is being alone. That would be the worst.

Actually, the worst may already be here. Despite having too many things that needed to be said, he had once again run away from something he feared and not held a very necessary conversation with his girlfriend before attempting to do his part in saving the world. Then again, she hadn't brought it up either, but he had a feeling that was due to her self-sacrificing nature more than anything else. But that's why tonight had to go right. It had to. There was no other option. He needed that conversation almost as much as he needed her safe and sound.

Steve parked the vehicle in the woods behind Forest Hills with Eddie's guidance, and the team began to assemble their gear. He tugged the army vest tight around him and looked up at Nancy where she stood at the front. Despite Robin's claims that she had made up the fact that Nancy was not in charge, it was quite clear that she was indeed, in charge. "Okay, I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one," she said, holding up a finger.

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready. Y/N ensures that the outside party and inside party get the message and makes sure no one interrupts the proceedings," Robin answered.

"Phase two," Nancy held up a second finger.

Steve spoke next. "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?" A third finger.

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away," Dustin answers quickly. Eddie can't help but clap the kid on the head and give him a shake. It's clear that Dustin takes his role of working with the older teens seriously, and Eddie is again grateful that he'll have the kid who understands the whole multidimensional bullshit better than anybody else on his team. Plus, he'd be lying if he wasn't ready to show off after being stuck in hiding for the last week.

"Four," Nancy doesn't appreciate the jovial manner. She means business.

"We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, and" Robin holds up her Molotov cocktail, "flambe."

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what," Nancy pauses. "Got it?" Yeah, she's definitely in charge.

Everyone responds in the affirmative and makes their exit from the van. Moving swiftly and quietly across the darkened ground, they get into Eddie's trailer with relative ease. Eddie is relieved that there is no sign of Wayne's car or presence anywhere near the trailer, but he can't help but wonder where in the world his uncle might be.