𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23

Mondays were the worst

Mondays were the worst. No other day seemed to drag on quite so long, especially when your entire Biology class was on dirt. Literal dirt. Apparently, there was going to be a lab analyzing it latter in the week, and you were attempting to pay attention, but you were not doing a great job. Robin and Vickie also seemed to be struggling, and you were pretty sure that the jock in front of you was totally asleep. In order to stay awake, you were sketching out plans for your ritual this evening and making a list of what you would need.

Not only were you excited to be able to release some of your pent-up emotions after what might have been the busiest week of your life, but you were anxious to see what it would be like to share it with Eddie. When Sam had returned last night, you had given him a huge hug because you were so relieved to see him. The envelope of cash he gave you definitely made it worth it, but you hoped that his mom, and any other relative, would remain healthy and fine. Getting to spend tonight out in nature under the moon with Eddie felt like a reward for the work you'd done.

At last, the bell rang, and it even seemed to surprise the teacher who was a little lost in the dirt lesson. When you go to English, the teacher had a green pass for you to go to the front office. You were confused since you didn't know why your mom would be picking you up from school in the middle of the day. You moved slowly in an attempt to run into Eddie and let him know what was going on, but he never crossed paths with you. Once in the office, you saw your mom waiting, so she rose and signed you out. "So, um, not that I mind the Monday interruption, but what's up?" you asked her while the two of you walked out of the office.

"I told you that I was making you a doctor's appointment, Sweetie. It just so happened that they had one available today, so I made it!" she said cheerily. You were still confused.

"But I'm not sick. Why do I need to see a doctor?" you asked and got into her car.

"Y/N, did you listen to what we talked about last week?" You thought back to your conversations with her. You hadn't seen her much throughout the week with working, but you did remember her coming in to talk to you before she had gone to work. Oh. OH.

"Um, yeah, I remember now," you said softly. "Are you going to, like, come in with me?" This was about to become the most awkward visit if that was the case.

"No, you're eighteen. I think you can handle that yourself," she answered, and you felt relief. "But if you would be more comfortable with me—"

"Nope, I can handle it," you blurted out. She nodded, and the two of you sat in companiable silence for the rest of the drive. Once there, she accompanied you to the office, but once you were checked in, she went back to the car. The appointment was awkward as hell, and you would be lying to say that it was a fun experience. However, the promise that getting through this would allow you to have sex without the threat of pregnancy kept you going through it. The doctor had suggested basic birth control pills as a good place to start, and you readily agreed. She handed you the script along with a generous handful of condoms which you shoved into your backpack. Definitely did not need the world seeing those.