𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 35

If you didn't know better, it could be any day of the week

If you didn't know better, it could be any day of the week. At least, that is, until consciousness fully settles upon your mind. Flashes of the past week race through in a blur. The unknown, unsought world which lies beneath your feet. The death of three teenagers, one of whom died in front of your face. The demon haunting your sister, his intended fourth victim. The man hunt underway for your boyfriend, who is simply a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong girl. The bump that seems to grow bigger by the day. The words whispered in the night that you probably weren't supposed to hear.

It's all too much. Sleep calls for you again, but you remember that today is a day to confront fears and figure out how you and this motely throng of teenagers might be able to defeat the forces of evil to save the world.

It really is all too much.

Opening you eyes at last, you scan your room only to find that you're alone. Well, not quite alone. A folded notecard sits on the table.

Morning Sunshine. You seemed really sleepy – We're all in the kitchen. Didn't want to wake you.
xo Eds

You can't help but smile at it. You're still naked from the night before. You skim your hand over your hip and up your side only to find tender muscles. You were both so desperate for one another, that you wouldn't be surprised to find bruises the shape of Eddie's fingers and hands. Part of you would even be happy to find them. They're reminders that it's all real and present.

But thinking of last night brings up his speech to the dark. You hadn't realized how observant Eddie was, yet it really shouldn't surprise you. He's a master of strategy and narration at the D&D table; he can pick up songs by ear by the third or fourth listen through. And, most importantly, he knows you. Of course, he noticed that something was up.

But what do you do? Pull him in and tell him now? Right before a bunch of really big shit is about go down? That isn't fair to him. Once evil is defeated, or at least once there is a solid plan to defeat it, then you'll tell him. When it isn't going to distract him or overwhelm him. Or you. Because it's going to be a long and hard conversation. Now is not the time for it.

You reach for his shirt that you'd pulled on, and he'd later taken off of you. It's soft after being washed so much, and thankfully it still smells enough of him. With that and a pair of sweats, you patter out to the bathroom. Voices, subdued but still plentiful, spill from the kitchen and living room. You need to clean yourself up and prepare for the day before facing everyone, and especially him.

Necessities taken care of with a thankfully calm stomach, you dress and head into the fracas. Breakfast, and food in general, is in general disarray. But when he catches sight of you, Eddie's morose expression shifts into a small smile, and he stands to give you his seat while he goes to make your coffee and oatmeal. Max has her headphones on, but she's chatting with Lucas and Dustin, and she greets you as well while cocking an eyebrow.