•The Way He Thinks About Her•

~Scaramouche~

After all of that talking and planning with Dottore and those sages, Scaramouche was finally able to go wander around on his own.

The Doctor along with those men from the Akademiya were a pain in his ass. So some time to himself was really needed.

If he didn't get this "alone time" he would've killed someone. Being stuck in a confined space for so many hours is torture!

Then again, it was with Dottore. So of course it'll be painful, that man knows no mercy.

As the harbinger got out of Sumeru City without being noticed by any passersby's eyes, he began to venture towards Gandhara Ville.

'I can't wait to see her.'

See now, this short midget here was a smart one. During their last meeting, he planted a small bit of his own power inside of (Y/N). That way he'll always know where she's at.

So right at this moment, she should be in the homes of those forest rangers.

Scaramouche stopped in his tracks and closed his eyes, concentrating on her location.

She seemed to be leaving Gandhara Ville and heading to the nearby rainforest area. That's not good, there's tons of fungi in those places.

What if she got attacked? That would be dangerous.

"Tch- this woman is always going off on her own. Making me do all this extra work just to see her again. How annoying." He murmured rubbing his forehead.

Even though he complained, the harbinger still went towards the direction of his fiancée. Well, not that he had the slightest idea of her real identity.

There were so many things that were caught up in his mind at the moment, he had no time to connect the very obvious dots about the girl he was looking for.

The plans with Dottore, the Electro Gnosis, his plans to betray the Fatui, and most importantly his desire to never get betrayed again.

The man's desire was strong, he never wanted to feel that sort of way ever again. The third time that it happened would be the last. The feeling of betrayal is really a bitch.

Sighing as he sensed that (Y/N) was getting farther away, he quickened his pace.

Well, one would call this running but to Scaramouche he was merely speed walking. Him running is a different story, that course of action has yet to be used.

Before he knew it, he had already entered the very same rainforest as that female general. Not to his surprise at least.

Scaramouche was pretty confident in his abilities to perform regular day-to-day activities. After all, being alive for more than 100 years really takes a toll on one's body. It's easier to get used to things.

Focusing on (Y/N)'s location again, he was shocked to find out that she was currently in combat.

He mentally cursed at himself and ran towards her, lighting speed. (*hehe get it? I'm so funny. Pls laugh 😔)

"(Y/N)!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, but he was still too far from his 'shooting star'.

'Fuck! Damnit all- if only I was faster. I would be able to help her fight!'

In truth, Scaramouche had never seen (Y/N) fight before. The moment he saw her fiery polearm raining down in the sky from far away, he was in awed.

He knew she could defend herself just fine. However, as they hung out more, joked a bit more, laughed together- he started to care.