•The Confrontation With The Voice•

(*Okie for the following chapters I will try to stay on the Sumeru storyline, but I can guarantee that the voicelines are gonna be different. I may remember things a little differently so bear with me 😭)

~(Y/N)~

Still shocked as to what was happening around her, she followed the man in front of her quietly. She had no idea why she was holding his hand, let alone just forgive him for what he did to her that day.

Over a simple kiss? Really, (Y/N)? He shouldn't be forgiven so easily for breaking his promise to her. After all, she was the type to hold grudges, long ones at that.

It's reasonable! Why would they promise to do one thing and then do another, or just simply break the promise? It was unheard of!

In Natlan, if one were to not complete the task assigned to them, that's already 5 laps around the volcano. Normally, (Y/N) would've shuddered at the thought of running around that huge volcano, AND it was active?

General Hudson was crazy- in his younger days at least. Shaking her head to clear her mind, she looks up at the back of Scaramouche's head.

For some reasons he didn't have on his hat, rather, it was straying near them with its blades out.

"(Y/N)." He broke the silence.

"Y-yes?" She answered back sheepishly, thinking back to when she slapped him.

"We're here." He gestures her forward.

Finally arriving at the Sumeru City. The view was grand, with the Divine Tree supporting the Akademiya and the little buildings scattered across the base of the tree. It was a beautiful sight to witness as a first time visitor to Sumeru.

"I have to go, I'll come back later to visit you- since you'll be staying here for awhile..?" The harbinger in front of her shyly asked.

What was his problem? He seemed more... nicer? More calmer too, it's like his personality did a 180.

"Yes... I'll be staying here for awhile." She answered, letting go of his hand.

He seemed a little shock at the lost of contact, but he quickly hid his feelings with a cough.

"Aether look!! Paimon can see the gates of of the city!" The duo heard a loud voice from behind.

Scaramouche's expression quickly turned into a face of annoyance, he sighed as he turned around and disappeared.

(Y/N) couldn't even get a word in before he left. But why does that matter to her? He was a guy that couldn't even get a good haircut. She shouldn't worry about someone like that.

Still, something deep inside of her felt a little bothered- like she wanted to say something to him.

Maybe after all this time spent with him, she's grown to sorta like the guy? But (Y/N) couldn't think any further as Paimon interrupted her train of thoughts.

"-/N)! (Y/N)! Helloooo? Anyone there?" The floating fairy flew around her trying to get the general's attention.

"Oh! Paimon, Traveler. I didn't see you two come up.." she trailed off.

"That's okay. All that matters is that you're safe." Aether gave her a smile and a soft squeeze to her shoulders.

She returned a kind smile and the trio entered Sumeru City. As soon as they stepped over the towering gate, a green screen scanned over their faces and Paimon yelped.

"Whoa!-" (Y/N) was stunned, she've heard of Sumeru's Akasha System but experiencing it first hand was something else.

It was really cool how the Akasha made direct contact with them as soon as they entered the city. The system felt like it was directly entering their brain.

"Ooh~! It looks like we have some newcomers, first time experiencing the Akasha eh? Not to worry, my buddy and I will gladly explain it to you!"

So the group stood there listening to these two strangers explaining the Akasha System and Akasha Terminal to them. This went on for a long time. (Y/N) didn't know there was so much to know about the Akasha.

After they finally left, Paimon sparked up.

"Aether! Paimon has an idea! Try looking up where we can find Lesser Lord Kusanali!" She said out of excitement as she did her little dance.

"Alright, I'll give it a go." He nodded and closed his eyes.

The green screen popped up again, but this time there were tons of words and letters flying around. After a few seconds of searching, Aether landed on the words, "Greater Lord Rukkhadeveta".

"That's weird, there's no mentions of Lesser Lord Kusanali. Just Greater Lord Rukkhadeveta." Aether closed the green screen and looked up.

"Maybe we should go ask around? I'm sure someone's bound to know." (Y/N) suggested.

The group agreed and split up to ask around. (Y/N) would go around asking the Akademiya students while Aether and Paimon were asking the people in the city.

Maybe heading up these stairs would be the last thing she does, they were horrendously long and she was getting tired. Finally reaching the top of the steps, she's greeted with an open circular platform.

The floor had an interesting sort of marbling that one wouldn't find anywhere but here. The officer knew little of the Akademiya as they were a little private about the way they did things.

However, some information did come to mind, this was the work of the scholars of the Kshahrewar darshan. These were the students that were in charge of architecture and puzzle solving.

They sure did live up to their class group, these marblings and floor tiles were exceptionally beautiful.

Before (Y/N) took another step forward, her surrounded started to change. It was all black and she started to feel goosebumps on her arms and back.

"What the- what's going on??" She looked around frantically.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. A friend of the Traveler and the fiancée of the Balladeer. You have quite the reputation, (Y/N). "
A mysterious voice spoke.

"Who are you?!" She yelled, summoning her polearm.

"Now, now. There's no need to get violent. Violence is never the answer to a confrontation with me." The voice spoke again, but it felt like her polearm was being yanked from her hands.

Weaponless, (Y/N) didn't know what to do. Yeah, she knew some martial arts, but she didn't even know what this voice was coming from.

She felt helpless, after recovering from that fight with the Withering, she was still in no condition to fight. The wounds just barely healed, thanks to Scaramouche.

"I'm not going to hurt you... yet. But my little puppet here is feeling a little hesitant, and the reason why falls on your shoulders. Won't you do me a favor and convince him?" The voice asked, sounding a little more demanding.

(*Yaaaaah- chapter's done!! Who do we think this mysterious voice is? 👀)