10: Strums of Hope

I couldn't sleep. I've been up for hours, laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. My gaze kept wandering towards Shawn's memory box. I still couldn't believe I was in charge of it, that I was in charge of Shawn's memories. And I don't even want him to remember me. Or at least that's what I...

I couldn't bare the silence anymore. I manage to get up after encouragingly counting to three ten times. I grab the box which was by my guitar and set it down on my bed. Sitting down beside the cardboard box, I open it. I sigh when I see the familiar contents of the box. I take one out.

It was a dark blue notebook, from what I could see in the dark. I remember it being on Shawn's nightstand all the time. I've never actually looked through it though, he never let me. That fact made me hesitant to look through it now. It's Shawn's private property, I have no right to look...

But yet it is my right. I need to look through it to see how I can help Shawn gain his memory.

With that I take my phone, turn on the flashlight, and open the book to the first page. There were a few doodles and a bunch of handwritten words. I flip the page. At the top, there was Kid in Love, written in blue ink.

Below was plenty of paragraphs, labeled as verse, opening chorus, chorus, bridge. These are songs he wrote!

I read through the chorus of the song, which I'm guessing is called Kid in Love.

Maybe I'm just a kid in love,

Oh, baby.

If this is what it's like falling in love,

Then I don't ever wanna grow up.

Maybe I'm just a kid in love,

Oh, baby.

It'd be cool if it's the two of us,

But I don't ever wanna grow up.

I smile at that song then flip the page to the next one, Bring it Back.

That I can't go back,

To this,

To her,

To what we used to have.

It's black and burns,

My God this is so sad

It'll only make things worse,

If we bring it back.

Woah, yeah yeah, ohhhh.

Tears started forming in my eyes, but I managed to look at the next song, Imagination.

Oh, there she goes again.

Every morning it's the same.

You walk on by my house.

I wanna call out your name.

I want to tell you how beautiful you are from where I'm standing.

You got me thinking what we could be 'cause.

I keep craving, craving, you don't know it but it's true.

Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you.

This is typical of love.

Can't wait anymore, I won't wait I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever.