20: Emily's Envelope

Emily's P.O.V

The sun shining through my window wakes me up momentarily. I look over at the time. 9:32 A.M.

I jump out of bed in shock and run in the kitchen, when I see my mom.

"What's the rush Emily?" She asks me.

"I slept in!" I exclaim grabbing an apple and race back to my room.

"But sweetie there's no school today, there's a teacher meeting going on," she shouts from the kitchen. I look at her and sigh in relief.

"Oh, okay good," I reply in a huff. I continue to get changed into a white sundress and walk back into the kitchen, eating my apple.

"Can you grab the mail please?" My mom asks and I nod. Walking outside onto our porch I open the mailbox to see the weekly news paper, a white envelope for my mom and a pink envelope?

I bring the letter inside and I open the pink one, since it was for me. I start reading the letter and gasp, causing my mom to spill her coffee.

Cadences P.O.V

I hear an irritating buzzing noise by my left ear. I take my hand and attempt to swat the fly away; and I failed. I open my eyes knowing that I won't be able to fall asleep again.

Tuesday, no school today.

I look at my phone to see the time, 9:28 A.M., and I also see three messages. I go through them.

From Cameron:
Morning sunshine!

I reply back, "Morning Cameron!"

From Matt:
Hey! We never got to hang out last weekend... :'(

I remember back on the day Matt and I hung out at lunch and how he was asking me out on a date. I also remember when Shawn interrupted us. Now I'm pretty happy he did. I just ignore Matt and go on to the last message. I feel a spark inside when I see the message is from none other than Shawn.

From Shawn:
Morning Princess!

A warm smile appears on my face. He hasn't called me that in forever. But my smile disappears as quickly as it came. He probably just meant it in a joking matter...

I reply to Shawn and in a matter of minutes he texts me again.

(Conversation between Shawn and Cadence)

C: Princess? XD

S: ha ha ya, hey so I was wondering...

C: ya?

S: want to hang out today?

C: sure! Where and when?

S: how fast can you get ready?

C: I'd say give me twenty minutes, what are we doing?

S: it's a surprise! But you'll probably want to dress for warm weather

C: okay mom! XP

S: lol see you in twenty minutes ;)

Smiling, I hop out of bed and pick out my outfit for today. I grab a pair of white, denim shorts and a creamy white tank top that had blue horizontal stripes and a large red anchor on it. I run to the washroom and take a quick shower. Then I do my hair into a side braid, get dressed and apply a bit of mascara. I walk back down stairs and eat some Frosted Flakes for breakfast. After that I brush and floss my teeth. I walk back downstairs, ready for the day. I pull out my phone and text my mom my plans for the day then I refill Mittens's food dish. I look at the time 9:47 A.M. I grab my purse and stuff my phone in it as well as my wallet.