26: A Little Too Much

I walk up to the school, carrying my guitar. There were already quite a few people outside, I wonder how many are inside. I walk inside the school, where a few more people were talking about the upcoming show.

"Hey, sweetie!" My mom smiles, walking up to me.

"Mom? I thought you had work?" I ask confused.

"I wouldn't miss the show, I took it off," she said, "sorry I couldn't of gave you a ride."

"It's fine I'm just happy you're here!" I give her a hug.

"Nervous?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Yeah," I reply. I wasn't entirely nervous for performing, I was more nervous about why might happen tonight that involves me with Matt, Cam or Shawn.

"You'll do great!" She beams, "I'll see you later." Pulling away, she gestures to Emily and Grace as they walk into the door.

"Okay," I kiss her on the cheek and walk over to my friends.

"I'm so excited!" Grace squeals, I grin, "you'll do so great!"

"Thanks," I say, "you guys both look great!"

"Same goes for you Cadence," Emily smiles.

We walk into the Gymnasium, which was full of people and rows of chairs. The lights were off, except for the stage lights. Emily, Grace and I walk backstage, where I drop off my guitar.

"Hey Babe," Jack G says and slides and arm around Emily's waist, kissing her cheek.

"Ready for the show tonight boys?" Grace asks the Jacks.

"Dang right," Johnson replies.

I look over at the stage and see Cameron, trying to put on his tie. I grin and walk over.

"Need some help?" I ask, he looks over slightly startled.

"That would be nice," he says, giving up. I start to do up his tie, at the same time I make conversation.

"Excited?" I ask.

"Yeah, and nervous," he answers, watching me. There is a short pause. "Matthew's looking for you," he says.

I sigh, "Yeah, he wants to talk..." I say. Why can't the boy drama just stop for one night...

"Yeah, well he's staring at us right now," he whispers, his eyes still on me. I dared to look over my shoulder and he was right, Matthew was watching us. I finish up Cam's tie and look back at him.

"I'll be right back," I say and walk over to Matt.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I reply, "you wanted to talk?"

"I wanted to apologize," he says, "for hurting you." I look down at the ground, "I know what I did was wrong, I wasn't thinking at the moment and I'm really sorry. I really care about you Cadence."

"I know," I say softly, "thank you for apologizing, I really appreciate it." I glance over at Jack J, "you should really apologize to Jack too."

"I already did," he replies. He pulls me into a hug, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, people make mistakes," I reply, awkwardly hugging him back.

"Show starts in ten you two, better get to your seats," Cameron says, adjusting his mic.

"Alright boss," I smirk and start to walk off stage, Cam smiles.

"Hey Cadence!" Matt calls, I look over at him. "You look great," he says with a warm smile.