11: Picture this

a/n: honest to god this quote that I tagged almost made me tear up.

Matt leads me through the school, and I soon realize that he's taking me to the gymnasium. When we walk inside he takes me to the stage. We usually host a lot of school events here, like a dance or a drama festival.

"Um, Matt, why are we here?" I ask, even though I'm pretty sure I know where this is going.

"Okay, picture this," Matthew says then hops up on the stage, "you have a stool here and a microphone. Your fellow classmates are chanting your name cause they are highly familiar of your musical talent. Then you walk on stage, guitar in hand, wearing a gorgeous outfit and your hair done up all pretty from Emily."I blush slightly and grin. "You sit on the stool and adjust the mic, then sing. After the incredible performance, the crowd cheers and you win the talent show!" He finishes.

I roll my eyes, "You have some imagination Matt," I smirk.

"Hey!" He hops down from the stage, "I know you want to perform, so why don't you?"

I cross my arms, "Who said I want to perform?"

"No one needed to, I know you want to," he counters, crossing his arms.

"Listen Matt, thanks for the inspirational speech but, I don't want to perform..." I say looking into his eyes.

"Is it because it's a competition, if that's the case you already won one at Electric Speakers, by a long shot!" He says enthusiastically.

"No it's not that," I say honestly.

"Then what is it?" He asks.

I pause. I do want to perform again, but not here, not in front of everyone who judges me, not in front of people I know and who really know me. Not with all this drama in my life...

Suddenly the bell rings. "Sorry Matt but I need to go," I say truthfully and walk out of the gym. As I head to my locker I bump into Grace along the way.

"Oh hey Cadence, how are you?" she asks me with a smile.

"Good," I reply as I grab my art book and we walk to Art together.

"That's good," she says while brushing a piece of hair behind her ear, "so I was wondering if you've noticed anything about Jack latley..."

I think for a bit. I now realize that I haven't seen him around lately, "Well, I haven't talked to him for a while to be honest..." I reply. We enter the art room and I take a seat beside Grace. Matt was no where to be seen, neither was Cameron. Weird... When the tarty bell rings Emily races into the room and takes a seat beside me. Then Mr.Schmitt started our lesson.

After the slow afternoon, school is finally over, sorta. I get my books together and stuff them in my backpack. When I turn around I almost bump right into Shawn. "Oh sorry," I say.

"It's fine, ready to go?" He asks me, I nod. I follow him out of the school and look up at the sky. Dark clouds were starting to appear, not a good sign. I climb into the passenger seat of Shawn's new car. The smell of his cologne blended with the new car/leather smell. The ride to his house was slow, and quiet. I couldn't help but keep watching the sky. After the ride we go into Shawn's house and enter his room like last time. Except this time will be different.

I sit on his bed and open my English binder. Shawn sits down beside me, our shoulders brushing. I was debating wether or not if I was going to move but I stayed put. We continue where we left off in the library.

After a good ten minutes of tutoring we take a break. Shawn gets up and grabs his blue notebook I introduced to him earlier today. He starts flipping through the pages, "I don't understand why I was interested in writing music," he murmurs. My eyes wander to his open closet, where I see his guitar hidden under clothes.