28: Forgotton phone

You screwed it all up again Shawn!

I lay on my bed, my hands on my face. I don't understand, am I missing something here? Why is it when I try to do something for her it makes everything worse! I grit my teeth with frustration, I need to stop hurting her!

Clenching my fists, I stand up and with no self control I find myself punching my bedroom wall, breaking a hole into the drywall. Breathing deeply, closing my eyes, tears escape them. I had so many mixed emotions inside and I had to let them all out. With sorrow, I wipe my eyes, with anger, I tear my bed sheets off my bed, with guilt, I look down at my feet, trying to prevent my eyes from crying, with confusion, I open my closet and tear off shirts from the hangers, I slam the closet door and walk back to me bed when suddenly I hear something hitting the ground with a thud, followed by the sound of glass shattering.

I look over to see a sealed cardboard box. With curiosity, I pick it up and put it on my bed, which was bare of bed sheets and blankets. Concerned about the cracking noise, I wanted to open it. I look on the side, which was marked in probably black sharpie marker read S.M.

Did that stand for Shawn Mendes? Probably. In that case it is my property so opening it wouldn't hurt. I start to peel off a piece of tape when I hear a ding. I put my hands in my pockets searching for my phone. That's when I remember I gave it to Johnson before performing.

"If I don't get to return it I'll leave it in you locker," I remember him saying something among that line. I sigh looking back at the box. I'll open it later...

Standing up, I grab my car keys and walk outside. The cool, crisp air of the night made my cheeks flush. Getting in my car, I start the ignition and drive to the school. I drive around to the East entrances so I wouldn't have to walk around the school to get to my locker. Parking on the side of the road, I walk into the school.

The hallways were dark except for the red EXIT sign above my head. Sticking my hands into my pockets. I start walking towards my locker, when I hear noises.

Banging, crashing, laughing.

Confused, curious and concerned I start running in that direction, which was also the same direction as my locker. Turning the corner, a sight makes me stop dead in my tracks. There were two people kicking someone on the ground and one person, who I'm guessing was a girl, stood there and watched.

"Hey!" I shout, making them turn to look at me startled.

"Shawn?" I hear a guy say, confused.

"Carter?" I reply, even more confused.

My gaze wanders to the girl on the ground to the guys. My mind was fizzy. I was confused, angry, I-I don't even know...

"What are you guys doing?" I snap, eyes wide with slight rage. They all stare at me, either too shocked or transfixed to move.

As if on instinct or something I threw a punch at Carter, Jack gasped in shock. After a few seconds, Carter stands back up, glaring at me with a tiny smirk.

"Stop trying to be a hero Shawn, why do you give a shit about Cadence anyway?" He says.

My eyes widen, that's Cadence!? I look over at the girl, Cadence, and observe her. Her red sweater, which looked... Familiar? Suddenly I feel impact on my mouth. I fall backwards hitting the ground. "Come on let's finish the job," I hear Jack snicker. I slowly rise back up, to see them walking towards Cadence to hurt her again. Slowly getting up to my feet, I reach my hand up to feel my swollen lip. When I bring it back down I look to see my blood. (The gif)

I had a burning feeling in my chest, a feeling I felt like I've never felt before. I will not let them hurt her! Getting this sudden drive, or some sort of adrenaline rush, I run back over and punch Jack right in the back of the head, then Carter gets me in the eye. Now that I was closer I could see Cadences face, she was unconscious. The slight ride and fall of her chest calmed me as I continued to fight Jack and Carter, the other girl too stunned to speak or move.

"Just go now Shawn before we really start to hurt you!" Jack shouts.

"If I leave I'm taking her with me, and telling everyone what you guys did," I snap, kicking him in the gut. This was an unfair fight. There were two of them and one of me, normally I could probably take them but in my condition I felt like only half of me was really there.

Not too sure where the other half is...

Cadences P.O.V

I open my eyes slowly, my head pounding. I try to roll over but my body hurt to much. I manage to turn my head to the side and I see Carter and Jack fighting someone. I was confused towards where I was for a moment until I remembered slightly.

A glowing red light highlighted the guys face fighting Jack and Carter, which turned out to be... Shawn! My eyes widen to see his cut and bruise face.

I felt more alert suddenly, as I try to call out his name but it turned into more of a whisper. But he still heard. Shawn turns and sees me, his eyes wide and soft with worry. Suddenly, Carter rams him into the lockers making him slide down into the darkness.

I was finally able to shout out his name in worry.

"Hey!" I hear some one shout. Jack, Carter and Sheila look towards where the sound came from, startled.

"I'm done with this, let's get out of here," Carter says and makes way for the exit.

"What? No! You didn't finish the job!" Sheila protests.

"She's had enough Sheila, let's just go!" Jack says following Carter out the door. Sheila groans and runs after them. A guy runs into the hall and up to where I lay.

"Cadence are you okay! Oh my I'm so sorry I should of came in with you!" Matts voice panics. He scoops me up into his arms and starts walking to the door, "I'm taking you to the hospital."

I look towards where Shawn laid in the darkness, "Sh-Shawn," I whisper.

"No it's me, Matthew, I got you Cadence," Matt whispers softly.

Shawn's P.O.V

I watch as Matt carries her away, when they walk through the door I'm left alone in the darkness. All I could hear was my own breathing. I reach out my hand, as if I could grab Cadence's, then I lay my head back on the floor, exhausted.

"She's safe..." I whisper to myself. Closing my eyes to rest.

The last thing I thought about before my pounding head took over was the red sweater Cadence was wearing.

DONE THIS CHAPTER AS WELL! Sorry that it's short though

That was intense, so this book is coming to an end and I am going to write the last book after.  So that makes this a three book series!

Thank you all for reading! I appreciate it a lot, please vote and comment and follow!

Till next time
~xXShawnMattCamXx

Words 1272

Vote goal: 20