Page 3

"I have to, men who help out in the kitchen are rare, it takes a real man to do that" My aunt said as she carried water to the dining table.

I took the tray pan hurriedly and followed my aunt out, one of the mugs ended up with him.

"Are you saying my uncle is not a real man?" I asked my aunt, hiding my amusement as we set the dining table.

He brought it to the dinning himself, when I stole another glance at him, a mischievous smile played on his lips over my expensive joke with his mother, or maybe about something up on his mind, that I don't know.

"I never said that, Jennifer. I meant that it isn't actually bad for a man to help women out in the kitchen, besides, your uncle used to do exactly that until they came along and he became more busy" My aunt replied with a smile.

The 'they' must be Chris and Nancy, and they are the source of my uncle being mostly busy these days. Good parenting ethics? But I think he creates time for them as well.

After breakfast that morning, everyone went to work and I stayed home alone. Nancy was dropped off to school by her dad and it's said he would be the one to bring her home.

The rest of the day was boring, I watched TV, played games alone and even made a play of cleaning the house and dancing around before I got tired and went into my room and locked myself in.

I dozed off to sleep after many minutes of wallowing in fantasy. I was awakened by a knock on the door, I stood up lazily and went to open the door. There was no one there, I looked around surprisingly only to find out that it's a bang on the front door.

Oh my God!

It's late already, I saw the wall clock when I ran downstairs to the parlor. I rushed and opened the door to see Chris standing there.

"I was right after all," he said, walking past me.

"I... I'm sorry, I fell asleep" I apologized for keeping him waiting but he waved it off.

"It's nothing, you must have been so bored in this big house!" He exclaimed, smiling instead.

"I guess I was, but it isn't too bad. How's work today?" I asked sitting down. 

He sat next to me and tapped my chin. He seemed not to help touching me, especially my chin. What's so special about it though? I kept wondering.

"It was as beautiful as you, I made a lot of sales and I'm happy" he said unbuttoning his shirt.

"I don't even know what you do" I stated flatly, fighting my eyes to stop looking at his hands as it worked on his shirt.

"It must have skipped my mind, I actually import phones and their accessories from across many countries, mostly China and sell them here" he said bluntly.

"Wow! That's nice...it's a wonderful business, but isn't it kinda expensive to start and run smoothly?" I asked curiously wondering how he got so high at such a young age.

Well, my uncle is sort of rich as I can see and he must have started the business for his son, seems that's what he wants to do instead of going to university.

"I worked and saved up a little money and my father helped me out, and...here I am" he shrugged, slapping his hands together.

"Nice...so, where's your head office located?" I asked, holding his gaze.

"Jason plaza, it's a new plaza here in PH" he said

"Oh! I think I remember, I passed it on my way here, it's located at that Y junction!" I exclaimed, recalling the ash building I admired on the drive here.