Page 9

"That's true" I had to agree to avoid bringing another problem unto myself. It's only her that knows everything.

"Ah, Nancy! You should have woken me up, why must you disturb your aunty?" My aunt's voice came from behind.

Traces of sleep and signs of fatigue were visible on her face when I looked at her. Nancy is a handful, what if she has two more of her kind, she might vow never to give birth again.

"Aunty, don't worry, I will take care of this..." I urged her to go inside and rest while I flush the toilet when she's done.

"Okay. Thanks, sweetie! And Nancy? Make sure you come inside right away after your aunt cleans you up" she said pointing at the little girl.

"Yes, mummy!" 

*Few minutes later*

"Goodnight, love" I smiled at her and she returned the smile before closing the door.

Ah! What a relief, she's a pain in the ass!

How much longer will I condone her nosing around without a big scold.

I heard my uncle's voice as I walked back to Chris's room and I noticed he was right, her noise had woken them both.

Chris was already sleeping when I got inside, I knew he was exhausted from the very beginning and am glad he decided to get a good sleep.

His legs are on the floor while his upper body is on the bed, which means he was waiting for me before sleep finally took him to Dreamland, I laid him properly on the bed and covered him with the sheet.

I watched him sleep peacefully for a while before I kissed him goodnight and went inside my room. I would have loved to be right beside him when he awakes but who knows who will come wake me up?

The next morning, I was the first person to wake up from sleep. I didn't know where the happiness came from but I am in my best mood this morning.

I swept the whole compound, cleaned inside the house and was making breakfast when my aunt joined me.

"Good morning, auntie!" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Wow! How's your night, Jenny?" She replied, touching my cheek fondly.

"Fabulous!" I said stirring the tea.

"I see... you're quite jubilant this morning, any good news?" She wants to know why my cheeks are so high this morning.

"No news o, am just happy" I said curtly.

"Oh! I should have known, you have a new phone and I am sure you stayed awake half of the night checking it out!!" She concluded and I just laughed with her.

Only my heart knows where the joy emanates from, and the funny thing is when I heard his voice as he greeted his father at the sitting room, the joy escalated quickly.

"I think I should better go and get Nancy ready for school, you don't need help here, do you?" She's already out of the kitchen.

"I don't need help here at all! I only need help with that girl" I snorted laughing.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" 

Oh my God! Here comes my source of joy, my lollipop and my sweetheart, "good morning, I always need your help, especially down here" I began nastily.

"Stop being nasty this morning, we have to leave early because this is the beginning of a new week" he said when I kissed him.

"Don't be such a joy killer, I was only being nice" I said in a very low voice, we don't need an alarm to tell us that his parents are a few miles away and the walls have ears.