Chapter 25

I guess I should have known the whole thing from the very beginning because I knew when my uncle and aunty did their wedding, so they mustn't have given birth and hidden him purposely for no reason.

Lisa found a place and she is moving in today, I also found out her boyfriend has been the one calling her and chatting her up asking to see her which she is yet to do.

I understand, she's still contemplating because of her last experience but in my opinion, since the guy has realized his mistake and is ready to make up, I know with time, she will reciprocate.

I can still remember her saying that she still loves the idiot...or did she say fool? Lolz, love is wicked.

I guess I will even go to her wedding ceremony first and I will actually catch the magic for my own day.

"What are you thinking about?" 

I looked up from the book I held to my face and faced Chris. He just finished bathing and he has made a habit of coming into the room naked ever since we started sharing his room.

"I'm thinking about you moving around naked, one-day Nancy might just come in here and freak out!" I teased.

He took the book away from me and kissed my forehead, "Then I will know you called her in to pay me for making you blush like this" he tapped my cheeks.

"Aunty Jennifer! Mum said you can help me do my assignment!!" 

Speaking of the devil! I laughed loudly as he ran back into the bathroom and Nancy came in almost at the same time.

"Count yourself lucky!" I threw myself on the bed and laughed until tears came out from the corners of my eyes.

"What are you saying?" Nancy asked and struggled to climb up the bed.

"Don't worry, darling... you will not understand!" 

"Uhm...Babe! Help me get a towel, please?" He called from the bathroom.

"You will remain there until our baby kicks" I mocked him, which normal human being goes to the bathroom without a towel... I'm going to catch an evening cruise.

"What if we were really cousins?" I asked in wonder as we lay side to side on his bed.

"Well, God is not stupid, we wouldn't have met in the first place" he replied simply.

His sister had left immediately. 

I helped her finish up her homework, we had gone out for dinner and a really long evening walk and here we are... exhausted. Everyone has already gone to bed.

"Right. And I would live a boring life forever" 

"You could have met your soulmate and he might be more lovable than I am" he said again.

"Lie, I don't need another lovable person, I love you just the way you are" I smiled at the darkness.

He had switched off the light ready for bed but we enjoyed the night talks. "I miss you" he murmured and brought his face closer to mine.

"But I'm right here by your side, here to stay forever and you will never miss me again" I replied, pinching his nose playfully.

"Do you know it's been two months and we haven't...ridden a horse and my baby wants to tear off my jeans'," he winked and I covered my mouth to subdue the laughter that threatened to erupt.

"I was thinking you are a gentleman, no more horse riding for me oh!" I joked and he turned feigning anger. "What's wrong with this one?" I laughed.