9

Jeongin PoV

I found Felix hanging over the toilet bowl. It smelled like vomit, which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. He had definitely consumed a little too much alcohol. "Hey, are you alright?" I asked in a worried voice. He leaned his back against the wall and said, "It's a little bit better, than-" but before he could speak any further, he was back on the toilet bowl and throwing up.

"Do you want me to stay with you? Until you feel better?" I asked while he shifted into a slightly awkward position. He nodded, so I just stood there and watched him throwing up all the alcohol which seemed like poison to him he had in his body.

After what felt like hours, Felix said: "I'm feeling better now, I think I can go to bed." 

"Are you sure? You don't look like you could go there." 

"Then shut up and ask Changbin to carry me to my room."

Just as I was about to get Changbin, red lights went on and some sort of alarm went off. I turned to Felix who was covering his ears and asking me what was going on. If I had known what was going on I would have told him. 

I ran to the others. "Guys what's going on?" 

"Honestly i don't know Chan only said that he has to check the system," Seungmin said. I was starting to get a little nervous. With my left hand I started kneading my right hand. All sorts of scenarios started playing out in my head. What if the government will find us again and lock us up again and what if this time we will be separated. What if this time one of us dies or worse is used for experiments? 

I tried to stay calm but my breathing was getting faster and faster. 

Inhale Exhale.

and again...

I tried to breathe in air evenly. I started shaking slightly. Why? Nothing will happen. Nothing will happen at all. Nothing will happen but what if-

Seungmin got up from the sofa and said, "Jeongin come with me." He walked towards the kitchen while I stood there, slightly confused. "Are you coming?" he said a little louder when he was almost in the kitchen. So I went to him in the kitchen and gave him a questioning look. "Here, drink water," he gave me a glass of water. "I can see you're nervous. It's because of the alarm, you're afraid they'll find us, am I right?" 

How could he know?

I looked down and nodded slightly, noticing my breathing quickened. "It's okay Jeongin. Let's do some breathing exercises." I put the glass next to me and he took my hands. He put one of my hands on his chest. He was breathing in and out and by having my hand on his chest I could feel exactly how he was breathing. My breathing slowly began to adjust to his and I felt more comfortable. When he noticed that I started breathing normally again and almost stopped shaking, he smiled. 

"Did it help?" he asked and I nodded. "Thanks," I said and he ruffled my hair. "I would always do that for you Innie."

"Would you?"I asked with a slight crack in my voice.

The aforementioned nodded. "You're the only person younger than me here. Of course I can worry about the others as well, but I just want to be a good hyung to you like the others are to me. It just feels like it's my priority to take care of you." 

I just looked at him for a moment and then smiled. 

"I really appreciate that hyung."

Jan 12th 2023

I just really like this song I had it on shuffle while writing and had to put it there. ~Yumi