15

Jeongin PoV

We looked at a field. If you take it exactly, it was exactly the same field on which we were standing... But somehow not. It was like there was more color behind the door. As if we were looking into another world.

Hyunjin and Chan were also already with us and looked at the door. Felix put one foot in the door and wanted to go through, but Hyunjin held him and said, "I have a bad feeling about this... Maybe we shouldn't go in."

"It's just a door... What will going to happen?" replied the other.

"But it leads somewhere else! How do you know what's behind it?! Maybe it will be worse than here! Or the govermant is tricking us!" 

"Hyunjin calm down. Don't make a drama out of it, nothing will happen," said Minho, who was immediately glared at by the latter. I've been afraid of that look for years. It was like he was stabbing you with his eyes. Like he's just killing you in his mind in the worst ways he could imagine. 

After getting that look for the first time, I decided to be more careful with my jokes. But back then when that happened I was only fifteen and after that he never looked at me like that again. Minho wasn't a person to be intimidated by such a thing, so he ignored it and so that he could demonstrate to Hyunjin that there was nothing wrong with going through the door, he walked through it without hesitation and then said, "Nothing. Nothing happens and- ' He stopped speaking and looked at something.

"You have to see this," he said, and the next person to walk through the door was Felix, followed closely by Jisung and Changbin. Seungmin hesitated for a moment but then walked through. 

The three of us just stood there. Not ready to go through and see what was beyond yet. I had to admit that it felt kind of weird... kind of like something wasn't right. 

"Hyunjin... I know you think your dreams are more than dreams... But I think you're just reconsidering. Let's go in together. All three of us," Chan said in a soft and low voice just like that we could hear it and patted Hyunjin on the shoulder. "You can take my hand too," I said, but before he could take mine, I took his. It was warmer than my own hand, so I relaxed slightly.

Chan was already walking through and Hyunjin stepped through with one foot then looked at our hands and then at me. The next moment he went through the door and wanted to pull me with him, but some kind of invisible wall enclosed my wrist. 

Hyunjin looked back at me and his expression changed abruptly. He tugged at my hand first and tried to pull me through this glass wall. But it didn't work. He started pulling harder and I didn't know how to react. I was overwhelmed. As it started to hurt, I yanked myself away from Hyunjin's grasp and then said, "What..." The taller one looked at me and said something, but all I could see was his lips moving. 

"I don't understand you," I said softly and tried to put my hand through the door again. But this wall was in the way. My hand rested on the glassy thing and I watched the older one talk to the others. He seemed slightly hysterical. Not just slightly... He was very hysterical. Again he tried to tell me something but I just couldn't hear him. "What? Hyunjin, I really don't understand you," I repeated, but he didn't seem to understand me either. He also put his hand on the glass between us where my hand was. He looked into my eyes and I felt my vision blur slightly. 

Tears welled up in my eyes as the latter started banging against the barrier. He hit it so many times I saw his knuckles scrape. I couldn't stand it and kept saying his name. Jisung ran towards Hyunjin and pulled him away. I didn't know what he said to him but I think he was trying to calm him down.

"I know you don't hear me... But I have an idea..." I said softly, wiping away my tears. Maybe if I closed the door and opened it again, this wall would go away. I did so without hesitation and counted a few seconds before opening the door again. And when I opened it, they were all gone. Neither Hyunjin nor any of the others where there. 

The door was now really a door that just stood in a field and didn't lead to anything.

Jan 27th 2023