22

Jeongin PoV

It was slowly dawning. I watched them. How they interacted with each other and how they were debating whether or not to stay with me for the night. After a short discussion, they decided to stay with me for one night. "So Jeongin tell us something about you," Kai said and quirked a smile. 

I didn't want to tell them everything. In general because some things were confusing and I didn't even know what had really happened. Why I couldn't go through the door and why exactly my doppelganger wanted to take my place... I didn't know anything. I just hoped that the others were fine... 

So I just told them a short version and that I got separated from my group. "I don't know how many days have passed since I've been away from my group but it feels like forever and I want to be with them again," I said, feeling my vision geting blurry. I tried to hold back the tears. I didn't want to appear weak. I knew I was weak and I would never survive on my own. 

Now the two are here and I hope I can stay with them... Until I find a way to the others. 

Bahiyyih layed on the ground and stretched her arm up. She then swung herself into a cross-legged position and looked at me. "What's your plan now?" she asked curiously. I sighed loudly. "I don't know. I don't even know where they are. Technically I do but I don't know how to get there," I replied.

"We can come with you. If you know where they are, we'll find a way for you to come to them," said Kai and received a slightly annoyed look from the youngest, who said: "Kai, you said yourself that we wouldn't join anyone else. And we have to find Lea!"

"But he's not going to get anywhere on his own. He looks like he's going to starve at any moment and besides, I think we can trust him," he told his sister. "How do you know if we can trust him?" she reasoned and the brown-haired sighed. "I just have a feeling that he won't betray us. If you don't trust him, at least trust me." 

Silence. 

She layed back down and turned away from us while mumbling, "Fine, we'll help him. Good night."

Kai sat next to me leaning against a tree and whispered, "I'm sorry. She doesn't trust many people." I nodded slightly.He closed his eyes and said good night to me as well. 

I was tired but couldn't sleep. I closed my eyes and tried to make myself somewhat comfortable. Which was difficult on leaves. The ground was hard and the leaves hardly softened it. Suddenly I felt a raindrop hit my shoulder. It started to rain more and more and I wondered if the two were even sleeping at all because of the rain. My shelter didn't do anything at all. It didn't protect me from the rain. It didn't protect me from anything. My clothes were already completely soaked and I was cold. 

I felt some warmer drops run down my cheek and I realized I was crying. "Fuck... why am I so weak," I whispered to myself, burying my face in my knees. I really hoped my friends were okay... all of them. And I hoped that my doppelganger wasn't with them yet. 

Who knows what he is capable of.

Feb 12th 2023