13

~Hyunjin PoV~

The grass wasn't very comfortable. We used our backpacks or bags as pillows, but we didn't have any blankets. It was cold and the ground was slightly damp. I tossed and turned often to find a position to sleep in. Whenever I couldn't sleep, I took out my drawing pad and drew something, but it wasnt possible here. I slowly sat up and hugged my knees. The fire got smaller and smaller and I watched it glow less and less until it finally went out.

Now it was dark. The only thing that made the darkness brighter was the full moon and the stars in the night sky. And the only thing that produced a bit of heat was no longer there. A soft sigh escaped my lips.

All I wanted was sleep. This feeling of despair about not being able to sleep was one of the worst. It was like someone was trying to tell me not to go to sleep. Like a voice kept telling me I won't be able to fall asleep. Maybe I'd stay up all night. I buried my face between my legs. With closed eyes I took a few deep breaths in and out.

But suddenly an image formed before my eyes. I couldn't see it clearly but it looked awful. The silhouettes of seven people fell to the ground in agony. And suddenly I saw Jeongin again. He went to the silhouettes and tapped them one by one. They lit up and I could see them all now. We were these silhouettes. But then everyone disappeared and I faced Jeongin. "I have to sacrifice myself Hyunjin you saw for yourself what happens if I don't," the younger said but that confused me.

"What are you talking about-"

I got interrupted. "Chaos. There would be chaos everywhere. It would never stop. You would be constantly on the run and you would have to survive. The world has changed Hyunjin. I know you don't want to see that but you have to leave this world even if it means letting me behind."

"But-" I was interrupted again. "Listen to me. If I should sacrifice myself. Don't try to stop me. Will you promise me that?"

Why should I promise him something like that? I would never allow that. What would I do without Jeongin? "No, I can't promise anything like that," I said but he looked at me with frustration. "You'll do the right thing. I hope so," he said and the next moment I was shaken awake. 

I looked up and looked at Jeongin. 

A dream? Another vision? No just a dream. It was just a dream.

"We're going" he said and I saw everyone else already standing there with their backpacks. I stretched and a pain spread down my back. No wonder it hurted so much, the position I felt asleep in wasn't the best. 

I slowly got up and wiped the dirt off my pants. "And where are we going now?" I asked shaking my whole body to wake up. "Yesterday, after you all fell asleep, I looked around a bit. Then I got lost in a field and saw a door there. I think it goes into a bunker or something like that. Because why should a door be simple standing in a field like that? That would be weird," Changbin said, laughing slightly.

A door?

I looked at Chan. He knew exactly what I was thinking. I have told him about my visions. I thought they were meaningless daydreams but maybe it meant something after all... But...

What will happen to Jeongin?

Jan 25th 2023