24

Jeongin PoV

We were walking around in the forest for some time. My clothes were still soaked and I was anything but warm. My feet hurted from walking and my shoes also started to fall apart. I didn't know exactly where the door was so I just walked in the direction I think it was. As soon as we find the playground I would know. But we had to find the playground first.

It was quiet until we suddenly heard something rustling in the bushes next to us. "Did you hear that too?" asked Bahiyyih and I nodded. We stopped and listened to the rustling. We couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from, but it was getting closer and closer. Suddenly a person who looked pretty familiar stumbled out of the bushes next to us. My eyes widened as I recognized the person's face.

"Changbin!" I ran up to him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed in relief. "Innie. I've been looking for you all. Where's the rest? And who are these two?" he asked after I broke the hug. 

"This is Huening Kai and his sister Bahiyyih. The two want to help me to find the others again. But Changbin you were with the others when they went through the door or wasn't that you-"

I was interrupted by the older one : "It wasn't me. The night we slept at the campsite, I had to pee, but I waited until everyone had fallen asleep, which made Hyunjin difficult for me because he watched the fire go out and didn't think of anything else to do, like maybe add some wood to it so it wont go out. When he finally fell asleep I left you all for a moment but then I met a person who looked exactly like me. I didn't know what he said but the next moment I was knocked out."

So there were more of us as doppelgangers. I completely forgot that the two younger ones were standing behind us. So I started telling Changbin everything. From the door to my doppelganger who wants to take my place and how I walked alone through the forest for days. As I talked about how much I missed the others and how much I just wanted to see everyone again, tears streamed out of my eyes. The tears just wouldn't stop and I kept wiping them away. 

"I-I am s-orry. I know I'm w-weak," I whispered. The older took me in his arms and stroked my back. "I'm here now," he said in a soothing voice. His warm hug calmed me down and I didn't want to let him go. I didn't want to lose any of them again. 

And I was afraid that if I let go of the hug he would leave. I was afraid that he would leave me alone again and not come back to me. I knew these were unnecessary thoughts and that Changbin would never leave me alone. But I was just so scared.

Kai cleared his throat behind us and we looked at him. Bahiyyih's mouth was open and she looked at me with a shocked look. "Doppelganger? A door to another world? What?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. I looked at the two and just nodded. "It might sound confusing, but that's exactly how it happened."

They looked at me unbelievably. "We just have to find a playground and then I'll know exactly how to get to the door," I said with a sigh. 

Changbin told us he had just walked past a playground and my eyes lit up. We were getting closer and closer to getting to the door and then seeing our friends again. 

I was one step closer to see Hyunjin again.

Feb 13th 2023