26

Hyunjin PoV

Changbin kept getting closer to Minho, who kept walking away, and I could see him trying to talk to the smaller one. Chan jumped up and started running to them while yelling, "What the hell are you doing Changbin?!"

Jisung and I also sprinted to them, and the other three sat on the ground in shock. Seungmin wanted to run too but Jeongin stoped him by holding his sleeve and said he couldn't get up because his feet were cramped and if the other could help him. Felix also started running shortly after me with a shocked and frightened expression. The two were so far away and not even Chan had reached them in that moment. Why did they go so far away?

Changbin looked briefly in our direction and the next moment he stormed towards Minho and wanted to attack him with the knife. The older one tried to fight back and tried to push the knife away from his body, which he only managed with great effort. "Minho!" yelled Jisung, which was why the aforementioned was briefly out of his mind, and Changbin took advantage of and rammed the knife into his stomach.

Minho coughed and blood spurted out of his mouth. Changbin turned the knife to one side, causing the other to spit blood again. Then he pulled it out and the one just attacked stumbled back and clutched the wound. His legs gave out and he fell to the ground.

"NO!" I heard Jisung scream who ran faster to Minho. Chan pushed Changbin away, who threatened to ram the knife into him as well. When I got to the horror scenario, I slammed the bloody knife out of Changbin's hand and wanted to yell at him, but Felix forestalled me: "Do you realize what you just did?! Do you realize that you just fucking stabbed someone!? Do you realize you can kill someone with that?! Why?! Why would you do that? How do you benefit from it?!" The smaller one was silent but you could see his eyes still wanting to stab someone else.

Minho was lying on the ground and Jisung was sitting next to him with tears in his eyes. The older one pressed his hands against the wound which the other saw and took off his jacket. He pressed it against the wound to stop the bleeding. "Everything will be fine. You just have to persevere," the younger whispered, tears running down his cheeks. The other coughed again. Weakly, he stretched out his hand to Jisung and wiped away his tears. "He wanted to hurt you," Minho said weakly. The jacket soaked with blood and Jisung began to press it tighter against the wound. "I'm glad he won't hurt you now."

I wanted to go to them and help somehow, but Chan held my arm. "You shouldn't interrupt them," he whispered, looking sad.

Jisung laughed, he wasn't laughing because he was happy. He laughed out of sadness as he didn't want Minho to see how he really felt. Another tear ran down his cheek which the latter wiped away. Minho smiled warmly at the younger and said, "Every time you laughed, I never wanted you to stop. No matter how clingy you were, it didn't bother me. I wanted your closeness and I felt most comfortable when I had you around me. Maybe we'll have more time together in the next life and we can also go on dates like I promised you. I will always find you In every life. I will find you and if it takes me decades to find you, that's okay. I will look for you and protect you. I promise it. But in this life I can no longer be there for you Jisung. Thank you for everything."

The next moment, Jisung's forehead was pressed against the other's and the younger sobbed, "W-why does that sound like a goodbye?" Minho's hands moved to Jisung's hair which he then stroked.

"Because it is."

Jisung shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut tightly. "No. No y-you won't die. Your wound will surely stop bleeding in any moment-" the older one had the other tricked into being quiet. "I love you," he exhaled heavily and closed his eyes.

A moment later, his hands slipped from Jisung's hair and landed on the grass. Jisung's eyes widened and he tried to shake Minho awake. He took Minho's hand and placed it on his own cheek. "I love you too," he said tearfully. He probably hoped that Minho's hand would stay on his cheek, but as soon as the younger one let go of his hand it slammed to the ground again.

"I love you too...I love you so much," he continued to cry, still trying to shake him awake.

Vain.

At one point, he began lightly slapping the other's chest while saying, "Stop playing silly games. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!"

My heart clenched at the sight. It was awful to watch. And i regretted just standing there and not being able to help.

"Please..." he said weaker and quieter. He buried his head into the other's chest and whispered through sobs, "Wake up..."

Feb 15th 2023

A quick fact: the last sense you lose when you die is your sense of hearing. ~Yumi