11

~Jeongin PoV~

My eyes snapped open. "What?!" I said and looked shocked at Jisung who was standing in the door frame. "There are some men in front of the huge gate and they're trying to get in. It can't be anyone but the government!" he said and you could see how nervous that made him. He could hardly stand. 

Nobody said anything.

"What do we do Chan?" Hyunjin asked. You could tell that Chan was nervous too, but he stifled it and said, "Pack up everything you need and then we can try to sneak out the back door." 

"I'll tell the others," Jisung said, walking away, legs trembling. Chan also walked out with the excuse that he will pack some things. 

Hyunjin and I said nothing. I had heard everything he told the latter. I wanted to talk to him about it. But how would he react to that? Besides, if he hasn't told me yet, then he probably didn't want to tell me. And we didn't have time for that. We may be put back in institutions and the only thing I thought was to ask him about something so unimportant.

"Hyunjin," He looked at me.

I heard what you told Chan.

"We should also help them packing."

We had to be quick. We were under a lot of pressure. The people who tried to come in from outside didn't let go. The People who tried to come in from outside wouldn't give up. "Felix! Come downstairs!," Minho screamed as he shifted some bottles full of water into in backpack.

The aforementioned came downstairs with a fully packed bag and asked, "Are we ready to go?" He looked at us all in turn and noticed that someone was missing. "Wait where is Jisung?" I looked around confused. He was just there... 

Next to me Minho let out a little sigh before he said: "I'll check on him. I know where he is."

I could already see how nervous and exhausted Jisung was from the whole situation. He tried to suppress it but it seemed like he couldn't quite do it. 

Minho was the only one who could calm him down. He was already there for him when Jisung had real pain for the first time after they did so many tests on him. It was like they were perfect for each other. Minho always knew what to tell Jisung to make him feel better. He always listened to him no matter what bullshit would come out of the mouth of the other. And trust me Jisung can say alot of stupid things.

And even though Minho never talked about what was going on in his head, Jisung understood what he was feeling and was able to give back what the other was giving him as well. Comfort. I know they didn't know each other before all that had happened, but what they had now seemed like they'd known each other forever. 

Maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way, but I don't think either of them would be here without the other. 

I want something like what the two have.

A short time later the two came and we started to go to the back door. "We have to be very quiet now. We don't know where they are waiting," Chan said. "And if anyone sees us then we just have to run away," Changbin said, crack the door open quietly. He looked through the gap and then indicated that nobody was there and we could go. Of course, it's a bit harder to sneak out with eight people than if there were fewer. 

We walked through the backyard and then climbed over the fence. Which cost us quite a bit of time, as not everyone made it over straight away. We stood there and all looked at a large meadow which bordered on a forest. "Should we go through the forest?" I also asked quietly and Chan nodded. 

We started walking towards the forest which seemed to be much closer than it was.

Jan 18th 2023